cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to switch career from Java to SAP Business One

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have around 4 yrs of experience in JAVA/J2EE application development.I am planning to switch my career into SAP(in Technofuctional module).Actually, I want to switch my career from coding to functional domain(in SAP) but i don't know how to get into it.I want to work as close as to the business and get use of my technical background because that's all I got so far. Please guide me which SAP module i would choose to build my career and what steps i should take .

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SunnyB

SAP Business one is an intergrated solution with all domains in one application. Things like purchasing, materials, finance, crystal reports etc comes into one single application called SAP Business One. Historically SAP Business One developmed by a software firm based in Israel and SAP AG acquired the company and renamed it like SAP Business One. My suggestion would be it is a good application suitable for small and medium type businesses where business processes are not complicated. However, if you want to make career in one specific domain listed below, you need to look into SAP's ERP modules:

1.Materials Management

2.Financials(Financial Accounting)

3.Controlling(Cost & Management Accounting)

4. BI(Business Intelligence is a reporting tool and data mining tool)

5. HR

6. Basis(Technical module where installation and authorisation including system security etc are taken care of)

7. Travel Management(Application for employee/non-employee expense claims)

8. ABAP(Advanced Business Appln.Programming owned by SAP AG)

9. Project Systems

10. Others that I donno at this stage but exists.

My suggestion would be to go for anything as per your interest and not purely financial. Of course you'll be rewarded good with any of the above modules but learn based on your interest.

Good luck!

Mohammed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Thnx for u r reply.can u plz suggest me some small or medium business modules because i am new to SAP and having only exp. in java.

Thank You