cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Time Zones in Demand Planning Books

william_getz
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are implementing DP global. Different regions will have their own planning areas, but all will be planning in monthly buckets. The issue is with having the server be on CST and users being in Europe, China and New Zealand the use of the offset is not helping with locking the current month for the China and New Zealand users as the server time has not rolled to the new month. I have tried setting the time zone of the user to their local time in transaction SU3, but this did not change the results in /SAPAPO/SDP94 - Interactive Demand Planning. The second issue is with running forecasting jobs in the background. The system should not include current month as part of the future horizion. As this is run in the background, I assume the PDATE user exit will work to set the Planning Start Date in the dataview. Has anyone used this user exit with success?

We are on SAP SCM 5.10.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wouldnt recommend using PDATE for this requirement. Instead you can use an user exit macro to find out the current date at the local location and then use other macro element to freeze the current period if it is in the past.

User exit macro is successful in finding out the user time zone and the date based on that.

As far as background is considered, the system would still consider the system time since there is no localization. For this you might want use a user exit macro but instead of the user time zone, pick UTC and calculate the respective time zones for the respective planning area(based on which country that PA is for) and do the calculation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani Suresh