Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Delete the activity which are waiting Activation phase

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have one qurey related some activities in NWDS.

I have create some activities related some changes. then i have checked in the activities. Now the activities are in Activation phase. Now i realise that those changes are not required to do. So i dont want to activate those activities. Can you let me know how to delte those activities waiting in Activation phase.

Is it possible to delete those ? if possible what is the steps need to follow. If not what is the other alternative.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

If the activity is Checked-In, then it becomes a closed activity.

You cannot delete this activity from the activation queue.

But, if you don't want the changes relates to that activity to be moved to Quality system then, You can activate and release that activity, so that it will appear in the Consolidation import queue.

Now, you can delete that activity from the consolidation import queue, instead of importing it into Consolidation.

And, in the new activity you can associate your desired changes and move it till quality server.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Shreyas Pandya ,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you proivde the steps for deleting the activity from the Consolidation import queue.?. I have another question. If i delete from this queue. will it cause any issue in future for other activities to import in this queue or development queue?

Thanks

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

To delete the activity from the consolidation import queue, first you have to make sure that inside the Developer studio, you have already...

1) Checked-In that activity from the Open Activities View.

2) Activated the same activity from the Activation View.

3) And Released the same activity from the Transport View.

Now, open the CMS web UI from below mentioned URL...

http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcSLCMS~WebUI/Cms

under the Transport Studio, select your track and goto Consolidation Tab.

here, you'll see the activities that you have released from the above mentioned step-3.

Now, you can click on the delete button to delete the selected activity.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Shreyas Pandya,

Can you please answer to my other question which specified in the same reply.

If i delete from this consolidation queue. will it cause any issue in future for other activities to import in this queue or development queue for the same track?

Since why i am asking this question is. By deleting this activity chagnes in consolidation phase directly. But, The still root changes are available in Development phase as well as Developer studio. If i want to make the changes again i need to create the activity and check in, activate and release the activity. At that time will it cause any issue.

So please advice need to delete the activity or leave as it is in consolidation phase.

Thanks

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

1) Can you please provide me the details of the modification that had associated in the activity that you want delete.

2) Also let me know the new modifications that you will be associating in the new activity.

You are absolutely right, if you delete the Activity at Consolidation import queue then it will restrict those changes not to be carried forward to the Consolidation workspace.

But, Development workspaces indeed will be containing those changes.

if you want to remove those changes then you need to create one more separate activity where you will be removing those changes.

Please provide the information regarding the above 2 points that i have mentioned.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya