cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS Extraction test in rsa3 return msg "0 records selected"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

In my dev box I have a datasource on my DP planning area and for some reason the structure inside was found missing. When I regenerated the export datasource in dev, it came up with a new extract struct which is not acceptable. So I deleted the generated datasource dev and transported the active version of datasource along with transfer rules and other mandatory stuff. The transports were succesful and why I'm trying to execute the extraction test in Rsa3 it would return the mesg "0records selected". I did run the Func Module /SAPAPO/TS_DM_EXTR_INITIALIZE which is the extraction prog manually and getting the msg displayed as datasource not assigned to the planning area. But when checked everything is fine.

can you guys please let me know the solution to proceed from here so that I can test the DS extraction to success. Much apprciated in advance.

Thanks

Sandy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please help me out as I'm trying all sorts of combinations to solve this but not able to arrive at a proper solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please do following checks:

- Run TX RSO2 and check your extractor (it starts with 9A)

- Replicate the extracor and check if you can extract any data by running info package. Keep in mind that you have to restrict version (9AVERSION)

Regards

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Aban

Many thanks for your answer but Im facing this issue after performing all possible tasks includin the steps you suggested. When I run the extractor FM in se37 it throws a message stating that datasource nopt assigned to planning area. BUt when checked within the planning area...I can see that datasource...is there any configuration step im missing...please let me know...

Thanks

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandy,

Few pointers,

1) Go to /sapapo/msdp_admin, right click on your planning area -> Detail --> Extras -> Data Extraction Tools -> Looks if your data source is here. If yes, test it here.

2) Have you replicated your DS?

3) Check if the Transformation is in place properly between the datasource and datatarget.

4) Run the program /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_GEN selecting 'Planning Area Extractor' and Generate checked.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suresh. I've also gone through these steps countless times only to find the issue not fixed. That planning area has 2 datasources out of which, one is running fine and the problem is with another datasource. Can you help me with any other options???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I re-read your message and looks like i missed one part. You have mentioned you have deleted the structure that got created later and transported the active version. I suspect that is the culprit.

I would suggest that you create the DS directly in your destination system and see if that works. If that works then certainly it is the transport that is causing the problem.

Also, what do u mean by " it came up with a new extract struct which is not acceptable"?

Regards

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mani

Thanks for re-analysing my question. Lemme explain the whole thing which happened. During the testing in QA we have found a char (sales channel) in update rules left blank without any mapping which was resulting in the blank value while viewing the cube data. The value of sales channel is being seen in PSA, so when I checked the comm struct, the field wasn't added and there were no transfer rules for that field. So in order to fix this we do this in Dev and transport it to QA.

When I opened the Dev environment to fix this, the transfer rules status was red and there are no fields in the datasource. Donnow how but it got wiped out. when I checked RSA6 and double clicked the datasource it returned an error message structure not found. We have a transport connection from our Sandbox system which has a recent production copy. So I tried to transport the active version of datasource from sandbox which was success but when i tried to test the datasource it again returned an error message structure inconsistency. So I deleted the datasource in Dev box and tried to recreate it on the planning area but it wouldn't serve the puurpose. So I deleted the datasource completely and transported everything from Sandbox again. This time the transports were success, able to test the datasource only to find the message "0 records selected"

So this is what prompted me to post the question initially..

Thanks

Sandy