cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of RLT in Material availability date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

So far Delivery scheduling is concerned, if Pick/Pack time is subtracted from the Loading time, Material availability date will be determined.

Then what is the impact of RLT (Replenishment Lead Time) to determine Material availability date. Does it have any impact on this?

Could you please explain the same.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When replenishment lead time check is activated in availability check control in t.code OVZ9, then the system perfoms check only for requirements within the replenishment lead time.

what is the impact of RLT (Replenishment Lead Time) to determine Material availability date.

Depending on the procurement type you set in material master MRP2 view (in-house production or external procurement),the system considers paremeters like in-house production days, or GR processing time and planned delivery times for calculating the material available date. So the numbers of days you maintain in these fields will impact the material available date and further delivery date (after adding the pick/pack and loading time) in the sales document.

I also recommend reading the SAP documentation at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/93/744b8a546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva,

Let me narrate my understanding.

Let us assume, a customer released an order on 1st of the month and requested the delivery date at the month end.

Due do backward scheduling, Material availability date determined at 15th of the month. But material is not available on that date.

Now RLT comes into the picture. RLT as 20 days maintained in the Material master. So as per RLT, material will be available on 20th of the month.

Now, you mean to say, since the material is not available on 15th, which is determined as a result of Backward scheduling, now system will consider 20th of the month as a new Material availability date as a result to RLT and then do Forward scheduling.

Is my understanding correct? Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct,from 20th it adds the pick/pack, loading and transit time to find the delivery time.

Regards,