cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form format A4 / Letter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a form which will be used in Europe and in the USA. As you might know different standard printing formats are used: A4 and Letter.

Is it possible to use the same Adobe Interactive Form with changing MasterPage format dependent on the continent/country in which the form is printed to?

For example the country of the user could be transfered via interface to check which format to use.

I appreciate any help, hints and good advices which leads to a solution of my problem.

Thanks & regards,

Phil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

Using Smartforms, I was able to change the page format at runtime by setting a code at the beginning of the execution and changing standard variables using field-symbols... althought it is not suggested to do this kind of things, I know.

I guess it might be possible in Adobe, but you'll have to debug and find where the format page is held, and if you can have access to it in order to change it.

Anyway, in these cases, it is my experience that further country-dependant changes will come eventually so probably is best to have two separated "almost identical" forms.

Cheers,

Andres.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

thanks for your quick answer on my question!

I'm pretty sure that I read or heard of the possibility to change the MasterPage depending on a variable (like country) handed over from the interface. I hope that someone can help providing me with the information needed to implement that!

The variant with the two forms has two big disadvantages in my opinion:

1) Editing the form lead to identically editing the two variants of the form (as we know that's very tedious!)

2) Duplicate one of the forms (i.e the A4 form) and change the MasterPage format leads to adjustments (a bad compromise would be to use the overlapping area) .

Thanks & regards,

Phil