cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected database connector error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a search on 'Unexpected database connector error' and found a large list of topics. Most of the topics were people asking for help. The replies were, just get the latest patches - which does not help!

Here is the error message I get,

Parms are; 800/S80/5069660

ERROR - detected an exception: Unexpected database connector error

I output the parameter values so that I can validate that I read the cotrol file and that I am passing values to the Crystal Report that in fact should work.

I have downloaded the latest patches and nothing has changed.

The code was working in Nov when I last made a change to it. My profile was removed from my computer in order to fix a virus. I now need to make a change to the program and generate a new .jar file.

The code gets an error trying to connect to the database.

When I first set this up to work, I had to pay for help from the Indian help desk. They remoted in a fixed my issue, but I have no idea what they did. Now that fix is gone. The help desk told me that they don't support Eclipse, but the Eclipse plug-in is recommended and designed for Crystal Reports.

I am running Crystal Reports 2008 version 12.2.0.290, and Eclipse 3.4.2. I need some help, I have no idea of where to turn to or even who to turn to. I found a consultant for Eclipse, but he doesn't know anything about the database connection (JDBC) part.

Can anybody help me or point me in the correct direction.

Un-like Crystal Reports there are no books available for Eclipse.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I interpret correct you use CRJ 12.2.209.x libraries to render the reports designed in CR2008 and using the libraries in eclipse 3.4.2 IDE.

The reports are based on JDBC connection. Here are a few things that you can confirm\check:

- reports work from Crystal Reports Designer 2008.

- appropriate JDBC driver jar file is present in the project's classpath along with the CRJ Jars.

- if at runtime you report off a different datasource that the design time datasource then make sure that you can point to that database from report designer and run the report successfully.

- Is the behavior different if the report is based on a stored proc \ view\table or command object?

- The database error is less likely to be related to be related with parameter values. For testing make a simple report based on table\view that takes no parameter and run it in the code to check if that works.

Hope this helps.

Aasavari

Edited by: Aasavari Bhave on Mar 4, 2011 10:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your reply seems like it could be very helpful.

First before I answer the questions, I have another project that works just fine, so I do think that something got changed or deleted on this project.

1. - reports work from Crystal Reports Designer 2008

Yes, the report in Crystal Report works great using the same parameters I am passing.

2. - appropriate JDBC driver jar file is present in the project's classpath along with the CRJ Jars.

I am sorry, but I don't know how to check this. I would like to compare the classpath from both projects to see if they are the same.

3. - if at runtime you report off a different datasource that the design time datasource then make sure that you can point to that database from report designer and run the report successfully.

This also makes sense, how do I check the datasource. I know the code is pointing to the correct datasource. The code for both programs matches.

Thank you for helping me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was helpful and I found the answer. It was the database.

Thank you very much.

Answers (0)