SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future POD usage in AMI vs. CRM 7.0 vs. deregulation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to get a hint, how to use the POD in the near future. I am in an AMI implementation project and looking at the POD as unique identifier between MDUS and SAP. Probably using the Object GRID to show the AMI network infrastructure.

I know, that my client has two contract models (at one POD e.g. contracted and standby usage OR many POD's e.g. subtractive relationships).

So I am reviewing SAP help: If you require a point of delivery for communication in a deregulated energy market then you must define it as a deregulation PoD. You can allocate a deregulation point of delivery to one or two installations.

And I see a post in this forum in regards to CRM7.0, where I learn about a proposal to a one contract scenario as standard.

Any thoughts, that you would like to share with the group?

Thank you,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Tom:

This is a big design decision, and there are known restrictions for how CRM operates. A dual-contract model where 2 contracts are used to bill for the same pod will present challenges in CRM. Some of these data constructs can/should change based upon the CRM restriction, and usage of other funtionality and data models where appropriate. Some cannot and might require project decisions. SAP would recommend a single-contract solution for most new customers unless there are market restrictions which prevent it.

Certain (partially) deregulated markets have requirements which will not enable usage of a single-contract solution for DSOs operating in that market.

AMI should have no real impact on this, since a meter will have only one POD and would not be changed by a single or dual contract model.

When/if CRM a/o contract model are being evaluated, it would be wise to engage SAP so that each situation can be evaluated for the best solution for the customer and market.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Tom:

This is a big design decision, and there are known restrictions for how CRM operates. A dual-contract model where 2 contracts are used to bill for the same pod will present challenges in CRM. Some of these data constructs can/should change based upon the CRM restriction, and usage of other funtionality and data models where appropriate. Some cannot and might require project decisions. SAP would recommend a single-contract solution for most new customers unless there are market restrictions which prevent it.

Certain (partially) deregulated markets have requirements which will not enable usage of a single-contract solution for DSOs operating in that market.

AMI should have no real impact on this, since a meter will have only one POD and would not be changed by a single or dual contract model.

When/if CRM a/o contract model are being evaluated, it would be wise to engage SAP so that each situation can be evaluated for the best solution for the customer and market.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Bill:

thank you. That was very helpful.

Kind regards, Tom