cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legality of use of iso 20022 norm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to generate an xml file using the iso 20022 norm ( it is ISO 20022 Payments Messages norm). My C# code is :

XmlTextWriter myXmlTextWriter = new XmlTextWriter ("D:/New Folder/Marwen.xml", System.Text.Encoding.UTF8);

myXmlTextWriter.Formatting = Formatting.Indented;

myXmlTextWriter.WriteStartDocument (false);

myXmlTextWriter.WriteStartElement ("root");

myXmlTextWriter.WriteAttributeString ("xmlns","urn:iso:std:iso:20022:tech:xsd:pain.001.001.02");

myXmlTextWriter.WriteStartElement ("pain.001.001.02");

The file is generated succesfully. My question is " is it LEGAL to do that?The norm "iso 20022" is it protected( so I should have permission to write the head like that?

myXmlTextWriter.WriteAttributeString ("xmlns","urn:iso:std:iso:20022:tech:xsd:pain.001.001.02") is it simplly an indication for using this norm to write my xml file messages?

Plzzzzzzzzzz help me I am really blocked

Thank u

Edited by: Pierre86 on Mar 4, 2011 2:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it doesn't matter how you build your xml as long as you conform to the schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't exactly understand u answer. is that what u mean:" it is not important the manner to create the file ( using a program), the important is that the content of the file is conformed with the norm'srules( message's type and structrer"

if there is no problem, can u give me more clarification

thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

well the standard is just a convention to be used between different parties.

if you and your partner decided to use it then it is ok, your partner will not care if you build your messageusing .net or xslt as long as what you provide to him/her/it validates against the schema provided by the standards organisation.

so build your message and afterwards validate it against the xsd and you will be fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So there is no FAIR of "Intellectual Property Rights Policy" penalties. I am afraid of that that 's all

ty