cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment Pick Up - Movement Type 551

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have requirement that need to be addressed ASAP.

There are expired and non expired product sitting on the customer warehouse which is on consignment. ( My company owns the Product).

We have requirement to pick up consignment two different way.

we do pick up of the product which are not expired with movement type 634 which release the restricted stock to unrestricted stock. (working fine)

There are expired products that do not need to be picked up. customer does dispose the products for us at no cost to us.

I would like to do consignment pick up with movement type 551 which will scrap the product from restricted stock and update inventory and GL account.

We are willing to create new consignment pick up doc type !

Please help.

Thanks

Edited by: Amish- SD CRM on Mar 4, 2011 1:56 PM

Edited by: Amish- SD CRM on Mar 4, 2011 1:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what exactly you were trying to do. If the stock is at customers' end and the customer would like to dispose / scrapping without returning, then you can straightaway give credit note to the extent of materials scrapped. There is no point in generating a return delivery whatever the movement type would be.

On the other hand, If you want to dispose the special stock lying at warehouse (sent via 631), then you can do so via MB1B with movement type 292W.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the example.

I sold 1000 bottles of Over the counter drug to large retail chain on consignment order. Customer consumed 700 bottles of the drug. Rest of the 300 bottles are expired and customer will scrap this drug on their location for us.

Consignment Fill up : 1000 bottles ( We shipped to customer, but did not charge for it (no billing))

Consignment Issue: 700 bottles ( Customer sold it to consumer, and we billed to customer ( we got the payment of 700 bottles ( not 1000)).

Now before they sold remaining 300 bottles, the product expired. Customer will scrap that 300 bottles.

I must do Consignment Pick Up and not Consignment Return ( singe customer has only paid for 700 bottles and not entire 1000 bottles)

I canu2019t do credit memo to customer since customer has not paid for that 300 bottles. I must use consignment pick up ( without actually picking up the 300 bottles. )

There is 300 bottles of restricted stock in my inventory that need to be removed by using consignment pick up.

As you have mentioned, I canu2019t do credit memo since customer had never paid for the expired stock.

Thanks