cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive synchronous messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

As successfully processed synchronous messages cannot be archived in PI and I have gone through the various documents and threads(mentioned below) in SDN which also confirm this point.

But if the requirement is to archive the successfully processed synchronous messages,what can be the other possible ways and what are the points needs to be considered for performance.Kindly suggest me the best and easy way of doing this.

Also ,as we can persist synchronous error and without error messages awaiting deletion for some time by specifying RETENTION PERIOD using SXMB_ADM but what should be the appropriate values for this retention period keeping performance in view and how can we decide these values.My scenario is RFC-SOAP.

Kind Regards,

Kubra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Thanks for your replies.I know that SAP PI does not support archiving syncrhonous messages but in my project requirement I have to archive synch invoice messages.Any Idea, suggestions or help would be really appreciated.

Also ,as we can persist synchronous error and without error messages awaiting deletion for some time by specifying RETENTION PERIOD using SXMB_ADM but what should be the appropriate values for this retention period keeping performance in view and how can we decide these values.My scenario is RFC-SOAP.

Kind regards,

Kubra.

Edited by: Kubra fatima on Mar 7, 2011 6:53 AM

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kubra,

Yes i agree with Caio point .....

ASYNC Messages can be archived and deleted.SYNC Messages can be deleted ..... archiving does not happen for SYNC messages.

Regards....

Naveen.

0 Kudos

Hi Kubra,

Actually sync messages can't be archived. According to the note #872388, there's no archiving parameters for SYNC messages. See:

"Per default only asynchronous messages (EO and EOIO) will be persisted on the ABAP and Java side. Synchronous messages (Best Effort) will only be persisted if an error occurs during processing or if the parameter LOGGING_SYNC (ABAP only) is set. Setting LOGGING_SYNC is not recommended to reduce processing overhead. Note: Also on applications systems

connected to XI via ABAP proxies the messages will get persisted and archiving/deletion has to be configured. Performance data on the other hand are persisted for both, synchronous and asynchronous, messages (tables SXMSPFRAWH)."

Also for your reference on this question:

"

" (you mentioned this already too)

Hope that answers your queries

Regards,

Caio Cagnani