cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed Portal URL iView in a webdynrpo View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Could anyone help me in embedding an URL iView in to a Webdynrpo View? Thanks.

Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You shouldn't embed the Portal itself witin Web Dynpro. Nor can you just embed an iView of any type within Web Dynpro. You could instead run both the Web Dynpro ABAP application within an iView and then place both iViews within one Portal Page. If this is a URL iView, you could lookup the URL used by the iView and then display this URL within an iFrame UI element in Web Dynpro. It is important to note however that the iFrame UI element in Web Dynpro is deprectated in 7.0 and 7.01 (and unavailable for new application as of a certain support package level) but it does return to full support in NetWeaver 7.02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your reply. My exact requirement is to integrate Sharepoint in to one of the tabs of a tabstrip of our cProjects application. So we were thinking of creating a URL iview and then embedding it in to a custom tab. I know we can create an IFrame and call the URL, but calling an URL in IFRAME will not give us a option of making both sharepoint and portal look same! So, is there any other way of embedding the sharepoint in to the tab? I hope this explans my requirement. Please do let me know if you require any further clarification of my requirement. Thanks.

Regards,

Gopal.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>So, is there any other way of embedding the sharepoint in to the tab?

Basically no. You can't just take a part of the portal and embedd it within your WDA Application. The integration simply doesn't work that way.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Please check this it might helpful ...

Cheers,

Kris.