cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS Java Administrator password ok but logon to Visual Admin not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got a situation with one of our NW 7 Portal systems where logon to both the Portal and Netweaver Administrator application using the Administrator password is ok but the filesystem based visual administrator tool logon does not work with the same password. The correct passwordhas been set in configtool so the secure storage encrypted file is in sync.

From the Java security trace files I can see that there may be a problem with the "Security Provider" logon ticket configuration as the message issues when the logon to the visual administrator occurs the following trace info is written :-

nfo#1#com.sap.engine.services.security.authentication.logincontext#Plain###LOGIN.OK

User: Administrator

Authentication Stack: SAP-J2EE-Engine

Login Module Flag Initialize Login Commit Abort Details

1. com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.BasicPasswordLoginModule SUFFICIENT ok true true

2. com.sap.security.core.server.jaas.EvaluateTicketLoginModule SUFFICIENT ok false

Central Checks true #

I've looked at the following SDN links on a similar issue but I'm not 100% sure the offline configtool process will resolve :-

/people/shantanu.garg/blog/2009/03/17/offline-configuration-of-login-module-stack-with-configtool

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0bebd22-72f3-2b10-7eab-b93963e8...

Can anyone suggest how best I can get access to the "Security Provider" settings to validate the correct settings are in place to enable the visual administrator to authenticate properly and connect.

Regards,

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the same instance problems. Did SAP answered you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipesh,

yes - I've tried creating other logon profiles as part of the analysis of the issue but this does not resolve.

Mike,

it seems our issue is identical - I also have 2 servers defined on this Java instance. SAP have responded to my message over the weekend to say my problem has been sent to the relevant team for further investigation. If I get a resolution I'll let you know.

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

I am having the exact problem you describe in your second post. Have you found a resolution?

One thing I have noted is that the systems that behave this way seem to have two server nodes.. (server0 and server1).

-Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created any other user's profile in VA while first login or you are using default connection to login?

If not created, then i would suggest create another entry with same or different user(both is recommended) and try the same and lets see what are the results.

Regards,

Dipesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another development !!!!!

This is weird......

I start the Visual Administrator and enter the correct password for the administrator user but get the "error while connecting" after a short while.

I then enter a wrong password for the administrator user in my next attempt to start the visual administrator and get the "User authentication failed" pop-up straight away.

I then try another connect using the correct password for the administrator user and..... it connects properly !!!!

:-

Login Module Flag Initialize Logout Details

1. com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.BasicPasswordLoginModule SUFFICIENT ok true true

2. com.sap.security.core.server.jaas.EvaluateTicketLoginModule SUFFICIENT ok false #

#1.#00144FEBC438005E00000003000012FF00049DA77E66D57A#1299242612610#/System/Security/Authentication##com.sap.engine.services.security.authentication.logincontext#Administrator#1050##n/a##0385a932465d11e0a533000000d1065b#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_28##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.engine.services.security.authentication.logincontext#Plain###LOGIN.OK

2. com.sap.security.core.server.jaas.EvaluateTicketLoginModule SUFFICIENT ok false

Central Checks true #

#1.#00144FEBC438007500000000000012FF00049DA77F5BE8EC#1299242628671#/System/Security/Authentication##com.sap.engine.services.security.authentication.logincontext#Guest#0##n/a##0d184332465d11e084b9000000d1065b#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_17##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.engine.services.security.authentication.logincontext#Plain###LOGIN.FAILED

User: N/A

1. com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.BasicPasswordLoginModule SUFFICIENT ok exception true Authentication did not succeed.

2. com.sap.security.core.server.jaas.EvaluateTicketLoginModule SUFFICIENT ok exception true

Thius means I can at least get access to the Visual Administrator but I can't explain at the moment why this strange behaviour is happening.

Brian.