cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of Project system & Funds Mangement

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I had searched in SDN & SAP Help, i am unable to get the exact input how the Project system is integrated with the Funds mangement system. If any body knows kindly reply & help me with ur valuable answer.....

Thanks & regards

Raman T S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Funds Management is active then no need to use budget in PS. You can very well control any CO object through Funds Management.

In FM the main elements are Fund Center and Commitment Item. You can do budget and planning for a fund center, against the commitment items, where as the commitment items are group of cost elements. You could make hierarchial structure for both fund center and commitment items.

Through FMDERIVE transaction you will set up a derivation rule for WBSE to find out the corresponding Fund Center in FM. If fund center is not existing or there is no approved budget then system will not allow for any commitment or actual in WBSE.

Hope it helps.

Tnx.

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

[here you are|]

[and this|;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Funds management-PS integration

The project commitment actual assigned values are checked against the Budget

FM is where the Active availability control (BCS-Budgetary Control system)looks for the line items (Cost elements)when a cost is booked to the project. Some cost elements can be grouped together(Valuation Category)and exempted from this check this is available in PS

in other words we maintain the parameters to be taken account in to check against the budget and the tolerance limits as defined in the budget profile

ex:Commitment When ever PR or PO ( if both are to be considered as commitment then Both) or down payment attached to WBS element

Actual values on -G/R or Invoice or Paid or all of them

the Budget updates are done in FM (FM Area Normally it will be the CO area

Let me know if you got this or need more info

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Krishna,

Thank you for ur reply. In my scenarior we are integrated with the FM to add budgets to the projects through funded program. The budget which is added is showing in the FM reports, but i am unable to see the value of the budget in my PS report S_ALR_87013558.

can u telll me how it can be done...

If u any documents or links kindly send me which will helps me lot...

Thanks & Regrads

Raman T S

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If FM is there then no one will use PS budget, then how can you view it in ps budget report? pls refer my earlier reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for ur reply... As u said in the PS report we cannot see the budget of a project.. so if i requrie to see the budget of the project in PS i want to take the help from the ABAPER to devlop a customised report....

When this integration is done, the budget is allocated to the project from the Funds Mangement, in Funds mangement they will going to do the settlement of the internal order in which the budget is allocated.. if i am going going to do the settlement in the PS i think it will going to settle the double cost.. if i am wrong plese correct me.....

When ever i am booking the cost in the project it will check the budget aganist the FM & if it exceed it will give an warning or error message based on the avalability control in Funds Mangement.. If that is the case not necessary to activate the Avalability control in the PS...

Kindly correct me if i am wrong on above points.. If u have any documents or link kindly update me..

Thanks & regards

Raman T S

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to go for ABAP report. Once FM is active (hope you are working for a public sector company project) then budget is controlled through fund center, so most probably there will be a single fund center for one project, so you can run the FM budget report to check the budget for the project. Please contact your ISPSM Consultant.

Costs are booked against a CE, and commitment items are created by grouping CEs, in FM budget are planned and checked against Commitment items for a fund center.

You can do SAP Course IPS910 to explore more.

Tnx.

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can budget in PS and 'copy' it to fm using standard functionality. Also you can upload additional budget directly in FM.

It could be very useful.Eg you can copy CO budget to separate Budget type, this helps you to see PS budget separately.

So you can activate CO-FM integration and trigger avc only in FM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alex,

Can u please kindly elaborate in that. Because if i copy the budget to PS then there will be multiple budget values willl be there in the project. If i supplement the FM then i cannot able to get the budget automatically updated in the projects.

Can u please advise me on this..

Thanks & Regards

Raman T S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I wrote about copy from CO to FM(tcode FMCYCOPI_CO)

In this way you can plan in CO-PS and copy to FM, remaining plan upload to FM directly if required. Whole planning make in CO(cost center, ps etc) and copy to FM(and do not planning in FM directly)

FMCYCOPI_CO coping using derivation. So you can detach PS plan from FM(which uploading directly) by account assignment,ef fund or funded program etc

Also in tcode FMCYCOPI_CO there is an option - Add planning data to existing, rewrite etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alex,

Thanks for ur reply... As u said u can copy the cost plan from CO to FM. But i was asking abt the budget... can we copy the budget to PS when ever we plan in the FM. I got what your saying abt the copy of cost planning. If u have any documnent or link u can send to me. i am planning to do cource..

Thanks & Regards

Raman T S

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since FM is active then why you need budget in PS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

'As u said u can copy the cost plan from CO to FM. But i was asking abt the budget'-you can copy from CO to FM budget also

I don't think that exists standard functionality to copy plan/budget from FM to CO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thank for the reply alex...

@abdul

Mainly i want the budget in the PS when the FM is integrated for the report level...... wht is the total budget for the project, actuals, year wise & overall..

Thanks & Regards

Raman T S

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If FM is active then budget for project is handled through a fund centre, most of the cases specifically created for individual project. And the report from FM for that particular fund center will give you the details of budget for the specific project.

The naming convention of fund center you can use same as project number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for the reply.. according to ur answer i came to know the if i want to see the budget of the project i want to check in funds mangement report in fund center wise not in PS budget report. am i correct...

If they are creating budget to a project to lower WBS element then instead of a project in that case can we get the total budget of the project in Funds mangement...

Thanks & regards

Raman T S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

'If they are creating budget to a project to lower WBS element then instead of a project in that case can we get the total budget of the project in Funds mangement...'- it depends on you fund centers structure, but I think you can't, because fund centers and ps has different propose. But you can activate new account assignment, eg funded program and code it as wbs elements(for new wbs you can trigger bapi for creating funded program). in this case you can see budget via wbs in FM. But it will require some solution for avc

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

As alex said your fund center structure will support your project budget structure.

In these cases Fund center hierarchy will be used. The highest level fund center will mark it as posting not allowed and you can post actual only on lower level fund center, this is how fund center is structured. And approved budget is handled like initial or total budget will be on the highest level and as and when budget is approved which will be distributed to lower level fund center.

please also note fund center will check all CO object (not only PS) if the budget is only for PS then better to go for PS budget.

tnx.

abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks i got the information & ask the client to do planning in Fund management level.

Thanks & Regards

Raman T S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can it be so that I keep the Project System budget,plan and expenditures entirely separate from Funds Management?

Thanks and Regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had searched in SDN & SAP Help, i am unable to get the exact input how the Project system is integrated with the Funds mangement system

If you had searched SDN & SAP Help, can you let us know what are all the information you have gone through so far?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

I got the information from the SDN & SAP help is that the Fund management is intergrated with PS similar to Investment Management. In the Fund Mangement we can budget & post the actuals to the project which is created in the PS by Funded Program & internal order. This budget is controled by the FM. we are not going to plan the Budget in Project system for the project via cj30 when PS is integrated with the FM.

But as per my understanding FM will act as a IM integration with PS. But in IM we will budget via invetstment program but in FM will budget to the project from the funded program or internal order to the Project. Correct me if i am wrong.

I am facing the issue is that when the budget is planned to the project from the FM, the budget is showing in the FM, but the

budget which is posted to the project unable to see in the PS budget report(S_ALR_87013558) & Cj30 also.

Help me with ur needfull answer & reply.

Thanks & Regards

Raman T S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

'in FM will budget to the project from the funded program or internal order to the Project'- in FM you budget only via FM account assignments(fund centers,commitment items, fund etc) and not with CO. So PS fm account assignments are independent. You can plan in CO and reflect CO 'transfer' to fm(using badi).

Also you can activate integration FM-CO.

So what exactly do you want to do?