cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PO Number for Shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The requirement is such that a new po number should be generated everytime a Service PO is generated when the Transfer checkbox is ticked . How is this possible????.

Please advise.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If the vendor (forwarding agent) in shipment cost document differs, then new service PO will be created.

In SPRO - there will be an assignment for Tr pl point and Purchasing org + Plant combination.

If the Tr. planning point is assigned to different Purch org + Plant combination compare to the previous one, then new service PO will be created.

I am not having access to SAP now; not sure on the exact combinations mentioned above, but it will be with transportation planning point + purc grp/ org + plant..

hope this helps.

thank you

SP.Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

I think you are correct.However let me check and I will get back thereafter.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is not clear. But as you may be aware, it is a standard feature that whenever you generate a shipment cost on a particular transport vendor, system will identify the first created PO and then check whether it is validated for the current period. If it is not created for the current period, then only, system will check for the next PO, if multiple POs are created for a particular vendor.

If I assumption is correct, your requirement is such that each and every time, the shipment cost is created and the "Transfer" box is checked, new PO should be assigned. If that is the case, then in the PO, you can see a tab "Limits", where you give some value to the field "Overall limit" and uncheck the box "No limit". If the shipment document exceeds this, system will check for the next PO.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain little bit detail