cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Conflict resolution in ID - "Merge Relation is null"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we had to a restore the DEV server to a previous date . we took back up of IR and ID objects as local tpz files . After the system restore , we imported the local tpz files in ID and activated. The Changes reflected in ID. but now we are not able to editthe objects.

1. when i edit the objects and activate it . it says "The following objects have previous versions that are no longer active: LIST OF CC and Open these objects in the editor and perform a conflict resolution "

2. when i edit the object Message displated saying "There is a version conflict resulting from the activation of external chnage list " OPTIONS "Select displayed Version" "Display Active Version" "Display Own Version"

Im not able to select active version . If i select "Select displayed Version" i get a error Merge relation is null

Im not able to delete the objects and actiavte it . please suggest a way to resolve the conflict error or delete the objects completly .

Thrown:

com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.ExecuteException: Merge relation is null

Caused by: com.sap.aii.ib.core.versioning.integration.MergeArrowCreationFailedException: Merge relation is null

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.versioning.integration.ConflictResolutionServiceImpl.createEditMerge(ConflictResolutionServiceImpl.java:976)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.versioning.integration.ConflictResolutionServiceImpl.createMergeRelation(ConflictResolutionServiceImpl.java:860)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.versioning.integration.ConflictResolutionServiceImpl.selectForConflictResolution_Internal(ConflictResolutionServiceImpl.java:677)

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.vers

Edited by: nazeer_leo on Mar 4, 2011 11:50 AM

Edited by: nazeer_leo on Mar 4, 2011 12:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi, Nazeer Khan.

Could you resolved your problem??

I have the same situation and I can not find a solution.

Thank you in advanced.

Greetings...

0 Kudos

Hi,

To solve this, please follow the steps below:

() Export the content of the repository: Administration (http://[host]:[port]/rep/support/admin/index.html) -> Repository ->

Data Migration -> Complete Export

In the wizard, step 5 may be left out, as they affect the Directory XI content, but we only need the Repository/Runtime Workbench content in this use case.

2) If above export succeeds, delete the content of the tables named XI_P/XI_REP, but be very careful not to remove the XI_PCK* tables. These can be found in the SAP<SID>DB scheme. Use a 3rd party SQL editor.

3) Restart the server.

4) Complete import of the exported data (files must be moved FROM repository syscopyExport TO syscopyImport before): Administration (http://[host]:[port]/rep/support/admin/index.html) -> Repository -> Data Migration -> Complete Import.

5) Restart the server.

Afterwards, the objects should be ok again. If this procedure fails you would need to go for an alternative option.

It is possible that the export may not succeed. If so, then a possible alternative is to emptify the repository part of the database

(for Integration Repository/ESR errors) and reimport all the needed XI objects.

I recommend to do that first in a Test system if it's the case.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Caio