cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email text generated by RSPPFPROCESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Via RSPPFPROCESS we can generate emails containing PDF attachments of PO's recently created.

The email that is generated, however, has an abbreviated subject line and a single line of text for the body. Something to the effect of:

"Purchase Order No.: nnnnnnnnnnn

GB DE Terms Conditions April 2004.pdf GB DE Terms Conditions April 2004.pdf VSS Form Contractor Request Form.doc"

Because of the layout of the text, many of the users see it as spam when reviewing their emails. We therefore have a requirement to change this text.

As far as I can tell, this text is not taken from any Tasks nor from a Smartform. My feeling is that the program RSPPFPROCESS generates the text for the email before attaching the pdf of the PO to that email.

Does anyone know of a user exit/BAdI available to change the brief text generated on the email, or where in the program RSPPFPROCESS the subject line and text is generated?

Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given on this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a combination of debugging, looking at OSS, and looking over customisation, I found the resolution.

Essentially, I had to create a copy of CL_PD_PO_PROCESSING_BBP. I then modified the method PROCESS_BBP_PO_MAI within my copy. The internal table that contains the body text is: lt_objtxt.

Then, I:

1) Went to SPRO->SRM Server->Cross Application Basic Settings->Set Output Actions and Output Format->Define Actions for Purchase Order Output

2) Selected BBP_PD_PO and double clicked Action Definition and Processing Types.

3) Highlighted Smart Forms Mail and clicked Set Processing button.

4) Inserted the copy of CL_PD_PO_PROCESSING_BBP created before in Processing Class.

All <u>new</u> PO's created then used my bespoke class and method and had the email output desired.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can try BADI "BBP_PROCESS_PO".Also note 564826 may be of interest to you.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.