Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Multiple Logons

adil_fahim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to stop multiple logins in SAP system or don't want that any user can terminate the other user session and login themselves. I did the parametre

login/disable_multi_gui_login = 1

but still it can login via multiple by terminating other session.

I don't want any user can login from any other terminal. 2 options will remove from the windows what it asked. only " Termination this login" will appear.

I have also used

login/multi_login_users = 1

but still its not working. i can login to system. it shows me 2 options. i only want 1 option. Termination this login only.

How can I do this?. Please suggest.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have re-started SAP after maintaining the parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login = 1. Also, make sure the user type is not "Service" since this parameter only restricts multiple "Dialog" logons.

Also, parameter login/multi_login_users is supposed to have user IDs (separated by comma) as value not 1 since it allows those listed users to login multiple times into a system even when the login/disable_multi_gui_login is set to 1. You might also want to have a look at SAP Note 142724 - (Prevention of multiple SAPGUI logons)

Thanks

Sandipan

Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Mar 4, 2011 4:01 PM

adil_fahim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

In my case login/disable_multi_gui_login will not work because it's only hide 1 option. still user can terminate the other user session & login. I need when another user tried to login from SAP screen, only 1 option will display "Terminate this session". it means another user will not enter with same user id in sap.

Can we do this.

0 Kudos

In my case login/disable_multi_gui_login will not work because it's only hide 1 option. still user can terminate the other user session & login.

I don't think this is how login/disable_multi_gui_login works. If this parameter is set to 1 and system recognizes a multiple logon attempt, it only shows a dialog box with option to "Terminate the current Session" or "Terminate this logon" (it does not terminates the other already logged on session).

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

It does terminate the other user session & login from this session. i want to display only 1 option "Terminate this Session".

Can it possible

0 Kudos

It does terminate the other user session & login from this session

This means something is going wrong somewhere:-)

Is the user login in from Portal or via RFC? Did you verify if the user type is "A (Dialog)" in USR02?

Please let me know. Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi,

that's not a good idea and I think it's not possible. Sometimes you lose network connection but SAP GUI session stays open. You need to use this option to terminate previous session if you want to log on again. But I think your problem is somewhere else as it was already mentioned. It looks like your users share password. What exactly do you want to achieve by hiding that option?

Cheers

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but still it can login via multiple by terminating other session.

That means user ID and password been shared... If one user id to be used by multiple user then use service user type instead of dialouge.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot see any way for you to achieve this (blocking the option to delete the other terminal session).

If it is known and acceptable for you that different terminals use the same user ID.... then you will need to train the operator of the terminal.

Otherwise, you will need to change your user management approach (each user their own ID) or change the frontend they are using (remove the SAPGui access). In the latter case, it could be a handheld scanner or your own web based front end which are very feasible options if the process and applications are not complex.

Cheers,

Julius

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> I ... don't want that any user can terminate the other user session and login themselves...

Well, the popup to decide which session to terminate only comes up after successful authentication.

If you write that the session of another user is terminated, then this indicates that mulitple users are sharing the same ABAP user account. This does is not only a license-related issue but also have have a negative impact on the ability to perform proper audits ("who did perform what action").