cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

location D:\usr\sap\DEV\SYS\global keeps on filling up data

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

Our DEV server started slowing down and found out that drive 😧 is already full and under it, D:\usr\sap\DEV|SYS\global keeps on filling up data. It left me 0 bytes remaining free space. I deleted some spool and job requests. I also tried shutting down the SAP instane but still, the free space are being taken. It seems not scheduled on sm37. I wanted to know what files under D:\usr\sap\DEV\SYS\global are safe to delete. And may I know what are the possible causes of this?

Thank you so much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try all these things and get back to you once done. I really need your help and I appreciate your response. I'll just give points for helpful replies.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run this report RSBTCDEL and also check for the standard jobs in SM36 and schedule it.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear karshbax ,

it is safe to delete the files from the 100JOBLG, 300JOBLG locations . keep only one day files in those folders. i dont think theree is any job to delete the files. u have to delete manually.

regards

Revanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, stop/hold any further Background Jobs to run on SM37. You can use the report BTCTRNS1 to put the jobs on hold. Schedule a run to delete the old Batch Jobs, this will clean up the files form from your JOBLG directory. Next delete all the OLD entries from SM35, please choose to delete the LOG files, when asked for the same. This will clean up the files under BDCLG Once you are in a good shape, run the BTCTRNS2 report to release the Background Jobs.

Regards,

Sanujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I do not have any ftp's scheduled/running. Can someone tell me which files/ file extensions are safe to delete under this directory D:\usr\sap\. It already occupied a lot of space on our disk.

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check for large files in your

D:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\work

Please provide more detail if you wish to have further assistance.

Review your file system manually

1) what directories are growing, review the files and search sdn about them

2) Search for very large files, I've know trace file to become several Gig. Developers.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chris,

I dont have a big file in D:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\work but instead in dir D:\usr\sap\DEV\SYS\global. Folders named 100JOBLG, 300JOBLG and so on is already 6GB in size and is continuosly eating up space. And yes this only happen in our dev server. I would really want to know what files i can delete safely.

Thanks for you kind response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for files that are way longer stored in the folder/directory. Sort by date and delete them if they are older enough.

Regards,

Dipesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if your standard jobs are running or not as this could be one reason 100JOBLOG seems to be filling up.

Another one could be that your global folder could be eaten up if your Spool parameter is set to save at OS level instead of DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The cause is that you did not schedule the standard spool and jobs purge jobs.

Reading the documentation may help a lot...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That maybe one factor, but when I tried to shutdown the SAP instance, the data keeps on increasing. I wanted now to delete some unnecessary files under D:\usr\sap. Can you give me helpful sapnotes for this issue?

Thank you for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if any FTP job is running which is placing files in this folder?

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if following note helps you.

Note 16513 - File system is full - what do I do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

You can always delete any large files from *JOBLG , *BDCLG

But there should be some housekeeping jobs which deletes these.

Checkout whether your housekeeping jobs are running fine or not ?

Regards

Sandy