cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM_OIF_COMPONENT how make process_event method available in comp controlr?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're using ECC6.0.

I'm looking to catch an event from a standard WDA built using floorplan manager (FPM_OIF_COMPONENT). From other posts I have discerned that the way to do this is in the process_event method of the compent controller. But the process_method event is not avaliable in the compnent controller at present. It is however there in the interface controller IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK which is implemented in a used component (FPM_IDR_COMPONENT) and this interface is implented (green light is present) but yet the interface methods are not available in the component conroller.

So, my question is how do I make this method available in the componet controller so that I can add code to it to catch the event?

Thanks in advance,

Liz.

P.S. I'm new to WDA and floorplan manager.

Edited by: Liz O'Leary on Mar 7, 2011 5:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

This sound me strange that you have a component which implemented IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK and you do not see the implemented method.

It is however there in the interface controller IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK which is implemented in a used component (FPM_IDR_COMPONENT)

Are you saying that FPM_IDR_COMPONENT is used component in your component ??

What is your component name ??

Normally in FPM application the applications are based on the components FPM_OIF_COMPONENT or FPM_GAF_COMPONENT

You create application configurations.

Application configuration comes with 2 other configurations for FPM_OIF_COMPONENT or FPM_GAF_COMPONENT and FPM_IDR_COMPONENT.

There will be corresponding component configuration for the above components ( FPM_OIF_COMPONENT or FPM_GAF_COMPONENT and FPM_IDR_COMPONENT.)

On these configurations, application UIBB is designed.

The UIBB are based on webdynpro comonents which are implementing IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK. Through these implemented methods FPM framework communicate with event phase model.

So, please correct your understanding if any and re look into your analysis. You could be looking at a wrong component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was indeed looking at the wrong component. I should have been looking at MMPUR_PR_MAIN_UI_COMP. The process_event method is here which I have enhanced to achieve my goal.

Thanks,

Liz.

0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

check out the method OVERRIDE_EVENT_OIF in the controller. It will be triggered before any UIBBs get the PROCESS_EVENT. Otherwise there are a lot of other methods available in the controller like BEFORE_PROCESS_EVENT, AFTER_PROCESS_EVENT etc.

Regards,

Bruno