cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move the item level details to line item in the Purchase order form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am in SAP SRM7.0 system, my customers requirement is that the item level details like MPN (Manufacturer Part Number) etc.. should be moved to line item fields in the Puchase Order.

Can any one give me susggestion on this.

Regards

Madhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

You should be able to achieve the functionality without much trouble. There is a concept of customer field in SRM. For your case, MPN (manufacturer Part Number) is not a standard field. If you have used this customer field in say, shopping cart and want it to appear on the follow-on document such as Purchase order, you have to create the same customer field in the Purchase order also.

It may require mapping of field also.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, using ABAP webdynpro framework, you can easily use the customer field functionality.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't know if you are looking for general or specific advice. I can't really comment on this particluar WD Application, but in general you have the ability to use the Enhancement Framework to great effect in Web Dynpro ABAP. For a small change I might recommend component configuration, but this sounds more extensive and probably requires the enhancement framework. With the enhancement framework you can hide existing UI elements and add new UI elements to views. You can read more about it here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/c5/f4b9422e0fb911e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your response. Here is the details about my requirement

When we create new purchase order in SAP SRM 7.0, after adding an item in PO we can view the item details. Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) is displayed at the bottom of the first tab. This MPN shoud be moved to line item field near product description. Could you give suggestions on this?

Regards

Madhan