cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutex could not be created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting a "Mutex could not be created" error.

I have installed the PDK for .Net 2.0 and configured the iViewProcessorService on the portal.

Created a user to start the Portal runtime for .net and assigned the relevant rights to the directories specified in the installation and configuration guide.

I have installed the VS 2003 PDK Add-in and the .Net runtime on my machine. Don't know if I can do that?

Also can't seem to find the "check server" option which I have read about in a couple of the existing posts.

very thanks

Marius

Message was edited by: Marius Koen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

1. In which situation you are getting "mutex could not be created" error ? When you are trying to debug ? To run several .net runtime nodes on your machine ?

2. Regarding "check server" option, which version of the Portal you are using ? EP6 ? NW04 ? Which SP ? Did you deploy com.sap.portal.dotnet.framework.sda after Portal's installation ?

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. When I try to debug the application. Only one .net runtime node on my machine.

2. We are running ep7. Tried deploying sda's version 2.0 and 2.5 and each time it said that a greater version was already installed. Seems ep7 supports both by default.

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. When you are debugging with PDK 2.0, stop .net runtime node. Don't forget to start it again, when you finish to debug.

2. From your description, I understand that you are running NW04s. If this is the situation, then you will experience problems during working with PDK 2.0 as this version of PDK doesn't support working with NW04s.

Regards,

Rima.