SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail - EAN codes - Purchase 3 articles - sell 1 article to Stores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi out there

Could any body guide me in the right direction?

Retail:

A vendor delivers :

3 articles (all fish, but in different size boxes)

3 different EAN numbers.

The product is sold to the Stores as one article, because the fish is sold pr. kilo

The settings in the system does not allow the same EAN assignment to different articles.

Can the use of additional EAN be used, and if so how???

Hope to be able to solve this without allowing multiple EAN assignment to be able to get the Moving average correct for the product sold to the Stores

Thanks &

B rgds

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member

Hello,

You may pick a base unit and maintain EAN for the same. Then define other units in configuration and maintain conversion factors in Article Master basic view. You do not need to maintain EANs for these other units. You can procure and receive the items in any of these units.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Hi again

The PLU code being used in the Store for weighing the fish is in some way to be connected to the articles procured from the vendor. There are several artilces that are sold on the same PLU code in the Store.

It's the connection to the PLU sold in the store and all the articles you buy from the vendor .

We have tries to use additional EAN's to add these to the PLU article, but the system will not allow the PLU code (or EAN code)to be used on more than one article

Not easy to explain, but ....

You buy articles from the vendor:

"Article 1" with it's own EAN code

"Article 2" with it's own EAN code

"Article 3" with it's own EAN code

These articles are sold to the Store as "article 4" with a PLU code that is identified when the fish is being weigh in the store

Is there a solution for this besides changing the message code Message no. M3348 to a warning message insted of error message?

Anybody, pls?

Best regards

0 Kudos

Hello,

It is a standard process in SAP to buy an article in one unit and sell it in different unit. You can buy the same article from different vendors with different units of measure. In that case, you can setup one main EAN and many alternate EAN's; but article number remains the same.

We buy products in Pallets to Distribution Centers (DCs), distribute them in Cases to Stores and sell them in PC's.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Hi again Venu

Thanks a lot for answering

My explanation has just not been good enough, sorry about that.

The problem is that the 3 articles that are bought from the same vendor have the same unit of measure (KG) but with different price, that is where the problem lies.

The convertion of buying with in one unit of measures and selling in a different unit of measure is fine, but it's the fact that they have the same unit of measure that's causing the problem.

For the selling articel to the Store ,the vendor has 3 vendor material numbers for the same article. We can only have 1 vendor material number on the info. record.

Hope this clarifies and again, sorry about the bad explanation

Thanks

BR

0 Kudos

Hello,

If the same article has different prices from same vendor at the same time, there willl be a variable that makes the price different. You may set up a manual condition type to be included in the pricing schema apart from the regular price. When PO is created, this condition value may be manually entered.

Alternately, you many continue procure them with 3 different article numbers and when Goods Receipt takes place, you can transfer post them to the 4th article number.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Hi again

Thanks for the answer

We have decided to create 2 additional OA -Ordering adr. for the main vendor to be able to make an info. record for the vendors articles and have the vendors EAN assigned to the selling article. In this way we will be able to get a correct Moving average price to the Stores.

Thanks again for answers

Randi

0 Kudos

Hi Randi,

I am involved in a Retail implementation for a grocery chain mainly seliing fresh items like fruits, veges, meat and fish.

I do not have much exp here as most of my past projects have been in fashion retail.

Can you give me some pointers on.

1. Artcile Master data setup - Integration of PLU codes ? Have youy used international PLU codes ? Any issues you have faced.

2. UoM - Scenaios like, buying in kg and selling in each or vice versa.

3. Any general help on issues faced in fresh items.

Thanks

Barry