cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Advances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi exerts,

i am facing some problem on travel advances through "Advance via Financial Accounting"

i have already made following setting

1) Made cash advance Expense type in under "Create Travel Expense Types for Per Diems/Flat Rates"

2) Assign wage type through "Assign Wage Types to Travel Expense Types for Per Diems/Flat Rates"

3) Define Posting and Payment of Trip Advances and option is payment via financial accounting

4)Assign wage type to symbolic account

5) Conversion of symbolic account

6) HRP(1RR) and HRT(assignment of travel advance expense type with symbolic account)

Expert Mode of Feature TRVCT:

Position Entry

2 1

7 0

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Scenario process flow which is explained by SAP is as below:

You enter the advance via the travel expense manager and save the employee trip with the trip status Travel request approved. The system approves the travel request and settles it. The next time that settlement results are transferred to Accounting, the advance is posted in Financial Accounting.

After the trip, you supplement the missing trip facts for the travel request and save the trip with the trip status Trip completed.

The system approves the trip and settles it. The next time that settlement results are transferred to Accounting, the trip expenses are posted in Financial Accounting.

During the next payment run in Financial Accounting, the relevant accounts are balanced and the remaining trip expenses are reimbursed to the employee by bank.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

What i am understanding the sequence of entries are :

t-code trip and Enter Advances

t-code PRAP for approval,

t-code PREC for settle trips,

t-code PRFI for Posting run

t-code PRRW for Manage posting runs.

Advance shall be posted...

then

t-code PR05 for travel expenses.,

t-code PRAP for approval,

t-code PREC for settle trips,

t-code PRFI for Posting run

t-code PRRW for Manage posting runs.

All remaining amount shall be posted...

advance Amount is transferring to FI...

but problem is now trip status is "transferred to FI" now i am unable to edit the travel expense sheet for trip remaining expenses. Error message is coming "Accounting status not 'documents posted', trip can not be changed"

How can we enter remaining expense amount and most it again.

Please advise what i am doing something wrong ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Muhamed,

1. Try checking the authorisation for the P_TRAVL object.

2. Are documents getting created in PRRW - as in are you clicking on " Post Immediately"?

Best regards

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Thank you for your response!

1) Could you please explain how i can check the authorization object ? (Its functional side or technical basis side)

2) Yes, documents are posting with immediate post (green color legend) and amounts are also transferring to respective GL's but after advance trip status is "transferred to FI" so i can't edit the expense sheet for entering remaining expenses.

Thanks for your time again.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the advance is approved by the approver, in table ptrv_perio, field antrg is becoming 4. Once the status becomes 4, by standard you will not be in a position to edit the trips further.

Now test the following, before approving the advance, try creating expense claim. The system will allow you to create.

If this is successful, you have to restrict the field antrg in ptrv_perio to still be @ 2 instead of changing it two 4.

Let me know, if you have any further issues.

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj and Diya,

It has been resolved thanks for your dedicated input and efforts.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Answers (0)