cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please help in understanding the below.

I have seen different types of transaction types , which one to choose when and their benefits. basically our requirement is to configure service desk for our customer

SISV - Service desk -Software partner

SIVA - Valuse Added Reseller Message

SLFN - Support Desk Message

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the different transaction types respond to different scenarios, as you rightly point out.

- SISV is NOT to be used, judging by the question you ask.

- If you are configuring a Solution Manager to deal with several customer numbers, you may want to implement the VAR configuration, and the SIVA message is adjusted to this configuration.

- The most usual is single customer number installs, and SLFN is tailored to this kind of functionality. I think that either SAP standard SLFN or ZLFN adapted by you is your best bet.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel Ariño ,

Thanks for the reply, have a query related to the same

is it true that we cannot define SLA & Escalation management for SLFN and its possible for SIVA

Reddy

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

SLA and escalation management setup documents can be found at

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000089947&_OBJECT=01100035870000012247...

It is intended for VARs. So first thing to decide is not what transaction type to use, first thing to decide is: Do you need a VAR setup or not?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the other transaction types you mentioned. I've done quite some service desk implementations, but I've never used or seen other transaction types than SLFN as the main transaction type for service desk messages.

Best regards,

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus.. Any help on this would be appreciated

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I would recommend using the SLFN transaction type for service desk and copy it to a customer namespace, e.g. ZLFN or YLFN.

I don't have any experience with the other mentioned transaction types, but the SLFN should do just fine if you want to start using the service desk functionality. As far as I know, using this transaction type is also recommended by SAP.

Best regards,

Jeroen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keijzer

Thanks for your response. I am looking for the usage and benefits of other too.do u have any brief explanation on those?

Reddy