cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Prioritization not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two scenarios coming from ECC which pushes IDOCs to multiple receiver systems. I created a Sender/Receiver ID as follows

Sender Component : ECP

Interface Name : *

Namespace : urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages

So the above rule covers both scenarios. I have created queue rule to assign messages with size less than 1000KB to assign to high priority queues XBT1* and tested the rule which is working.

Now i see in production, all the messages coming from these two scenarios are assigned in normal queues XBTo.They are not taking the XBT1 queues..

can any one let me know possible error i might have made. We are on PI 7.1 EHP1

Thanks

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the configuration of ids and prioritization setup is done in Production ??

cross check the same whether the message queue prioritisations configurations have been done in production box or not ?

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..Rajesh...The configurations are done in production...

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you create both sender receiver combination and the queue prioritizatin settings ?

did you activate it in production ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

NikiScaglione
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to put * in the namespace field of Sender/Receiver definition then let me know.

Kind regards,

Niki

Former Member
0 Kudos

ciochinah

I created it only for sender which is ECC in this case and its active in production

Niki

I can try that but I am looking for messages from ECC which contain only IDOC. Because there are other proxy messages coming from ECC and I dont want to push them to High priority queues

By the way Thanks for your replies guys

Any more inputs please

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe the * doesn't work ?

does it work for you in QA ?

if not can you set it up and check and then try without the * but with the actual name of the idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did set up these directly in Prod...As you mentioned we have to try with out * But when I see messages today..I see few of them moved to XBT1* and rest to XBTO*....

http://i.imgur.com/ukXGl.png

Confusion continuous as to why its happening...

Any more suggestions?

P.S : Scenario is One Sender Multiple Receivers

Edited by: Guru on Mar 4, 2011 11:38 AM

NikiScaglione
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the issue is only the selection criteria, if it works with * then probably you copied wrong namespace.

That is all.

Niki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niki

I hope you are right .. but if you see image in my previous post...its the same outbound IDOC with the same namespace which was moved to different queues...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is what its happening....

As my scenario is Single Sender and multiple Receivers... The root message is going to be in the inbound queue which is why parent message are getting High priority queues.

All the child messages are going through outbound queues, since the technical routing happens in the outbound queues, thus are having XBTO*

from the sample in my SXMB_MONI production

http://i.imgur.com/JuU0L.png

Atleast from the screen shot this what I guess

If it were single sender and single receiver, I think I would see High priority queues in the SXMB_MONI

Any one has more thought on it

Former Member
0 Kudos

My assumptions in my previous post seems right...closing the thread..