cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter and IDoc Adapter Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

I need the answers for the following Questions .

1) If a file has 10,000 records , how can we split that file into 10 messages each consisting of 1000 record at the Adapter level itself?? should we use BPM for the above requirement.

2) If an R/3 System is sending 1000 idocs and its an IDoc to File Scenario, how can we achieve all the 1000 idocs into an single XML file.

please help me out

thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Reply to your Question 1.

If you are using pi 7.1 then look for the below thread

[;

Reply to your Question 2.

you can use the idoc Packaging ( Available from PI 7.1 EHP1 only)

Regards,

Praveen K

Edited by: praveen kalwa on Mar 4, 2011 10:45 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need the answers for the following Questions .

1) If a file has 10,000 records , how can we split that file into 10 messages each consisting of 1000 record at the Adapter level itself?? should we use BPM for the above requirement.

Use RecordsSetPerMessage in File adapter ..this works only for File containing FCC data..

2) If an R/3 System is sending 1000 idocs and its an IDoc to File Scenario, how can we achieve all the 1000 idocs into an single XML file.

Use IDOC Packaging..available only from 7.1 onwards..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Thanks for the answers.

If we are using PI7.0, how can we achive for the IDoc to File scenario where 1000 Idocs to come in a single file??

is it possible in Pi7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chk this:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The link provided by AmitSri is good but that is a work around to collect IDOC's. When you go ahead with BPM, I am sure that the performance would be a major factor.

Thanks,

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can send mutliple idocs in single messages.

Please check following how to guide to achive this.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30ea2fdf-f047-2a10-d3a2-955a634bd...

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Above can be acheived using either BPM or with out BPM...

1. if SAP send single idoc to PI then need to use BPM to collect the data and tranfer the same to file

2. SAP can collect all idocs and send at a single shot to PI or they can set specified packaet size ...using collect idoc mode..

HTH

Rajesh