cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning different User Type to different systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there a way by which we can provision different user types to defferent systems via CUP?

We have the following requirement:

1. User created in ECC should be dialog user

2. User created in BW should be service user

3. User always selects ECC and BW at the same time in one request

Thanks for your attention.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tang,

Unfortunately this is not possible. I guess what you want is that a user selects both ECC and BI systems in one request and it should default to dialog in ECC and service in BI. I am afraid we can't default these.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Chinmaya mentioned, this won't be possible at all. You can try to customize the provisioning BAPI on BI system so that whenever the provisoning happens, it always selects user type as 'Service'. The only problem here is that you will lose the changes when ever you upgrade to new version/support pack.

Also, this won't be fully possible in AC 10.0 but at least you would be able to customize the code and would not lose the code when you upgrade.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Thanks for your information!

Could you provide more details on how to customize the BAPI on BI system? It seems that we have to try on that.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe what you would need to modify is the /virsa/bapi_user_create function modules in order to do that in your BI systems.

regards,

Chinmaya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tang,

You can try this with creating 2 different custom field or 2 unused field in end user form like employee type and some other field. Then you need to define provisioning field mapping for both of these system differently.

Like you created 2 fields EEC_USER_TYPE & BW_User_TYPE then while making provisioning field mapping you need to create 2 different group. EEC_Mapping and BW MApping and map the respective custom field with Provisioning field mapping group.

I hope this will help you.

Regards.

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Thanks for your suggestion.

But, we can't define default value for custom field, users have to select "dialog user" in the field for ECC and select "communication user" in the field for BW. This is not good for user, they will have concern on these unnecessary actions.

Do you have other options?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tang,

The solution may not be user friendly but it will work. As hemant suggested you could create 2 custome fields one for BI user type and one for ECC user type. And map them seprately. You could only provide one entry in these fields. And if you make it mandatory users will select the one by default. It will require a bit of trainign too perhaps. But if a drop down has only one option(Just add only dialogue user for ECC and service user for BI)... it cant be too hard to make a choice.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tang,

There are some standard field like Employee type which will help you. At least for one system you can use this field and provide only one option like Chinmaya sugested.

For Another system either you need to create custom field or can use some standard field like functional Area and make this hidden with default Value. I hope from Useablity prospective this option will work for you if you are not using all standard fields and have some of them vacent.

Regards,

Hemant