Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:BPM Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is Portal(SOAP)- - - R/3(RFC)- - - MDM

The webservice(Asyn) is being triggered from the portal ,it will update the data into ECC system by using a RFC(syn) and from the response(status) of the RFC the message is passed to the MDM server.

Could anyone suggest me on how to proceed the above stated scenario.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Lavanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a change in the requirement ,

The scenario is BPM-Portal(SOAP)- - - ECC(RFC)- - - MDM(7.1)

The webservice(Asyn) is being triggered from the BPM-Portal ,it has to send the values to,

a)ECC system by using a RFC(syn)

b)MDM server, both systems parallely

and the response(status) of the RFC message should be passed to the MDM server .

My queries are,

1)Could anyone suggest me on how to proceed the above stated scenario.

2)If I configure the MDM server using 7.1(PI-MDM Adapter), will my xml file would directly updates the MDM tables .

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya ..

What I Suggest Is go for 2 Asynchronous Scenario .

Scenario 1.

SOAP ->PI - > Inbound Proxy ( call your RFC here in Inbound Proxy)

Scenario 2 .

Outbound Proxy - > PI - > MDM

Now the catch is : From Scenario 1 Inbound Proxy call the Outbound Proxy Scenario 2 and Pass your response from RFC here in this proxy .

Advantage ..

1. Is there is No BPM Involved in this scenario .

2. . No Synchronus Scenario....

3. Proxy is more tightly integarted with XI.

Regards

Prabhat Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

There is change in my requirement,

My scenario is Portal(SOAP)- - - R/3(RFC)- - - MDM&Portal

The webservice is being triggered from the portal ,it will update the data into ECC system by using a RFC(syn) and from the response(status) of the RFC the message is passed to the MDM server and also to the Portal but the response mapping is different for both MDM and Portal

Could anyone suggest me on how to proceed the above stated scenario.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Lavanya

Edited by: Lavanya Balanandham on Mar 8, 2011 3:15 AM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You dont required BPM for this,Perform RFC look at mapping level then send Response to MDM.

SOAP--->PI(RFC LOOKUP)-->MDM.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please explain me in detail and I am using PI 7.1 and MDM 7.1 for my scenario.

Regards,

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your case its preferred to go for Async- Sync bridge using ccBPM...

Normally lookup is prefered if you want to retrieve the data ...but not for update/insert operations...

for e.g if mapping step gets failed after the lookup and you retry the mapping operation then the lookup operation will get performed again..so this can cause an ambiguity...

so go for pattern Async-Sync ...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the above stated scenario ,I have decided to use BPM and the flow looks like,

receive(SOAP(async)) - > transformation(SOAP-RFC(request))->sync send->transformation(RFC responce to MDM)

--->asyncsend(send MDM)

Queries:

1.The WSDL will be generated and provided to the portal team and will that wsdl's category should be an outbound or Abstract type.

2.What are the connection requisites needed ,if Portal as sender(JCO connections,wsdl,etc)

3.What are the connection requisites needed ,if RFC as receiver(other than RFC connection(ABAP type))

4.Step by step procedure for above stated flow,

As I am new to BPM ,could anyone suggest me whether the above stated flow is correct or not and also fo the queries.

Thanks in Advance,

Lavanya.B

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check my previous reply for the procedure.

>>.The WSDL will be generated and provided to the portal team and will that wsdl's category should be an outbound or Abstract type.

After finishing design and config objects, provide WSDL to the portal team. Create wsdl from the sender agreement. Soap adapter is your sender. Sender side (SOAP) message is outbound.

>>.What are the connection requisites needed ,if Portal as sender(JCO connections,wsdl,etc)

Create webservice at PI sender side and provide WSDL to portal team. Basically you host webservice at PI side. Portal team has to write webservice client to call PI.

>>What are the connection requisites needed ,if RFC as receiver(other than RFC connection(ABAP type))

RFC reciever comm channel is required. Import BAPI's from the sap system in to PI ESR.

>>4.Step by step procedure for above stated flow,

Follow my previous reply links...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please explain me in detail for the following below queries,

1.I have created RFC connection as ABAP type for ,

a)PI-ECC(RFC)

b)ECC(RFC)-PI

is that fine ?

2.Other than JCo connections is anyother connections are needed for Portal-PI connectivity.

3.Should I need to install ESR content in to PI(7.1) server

Regards,

Lavanya

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>1.I have created RFC connection as ABAP type for ,

a)PI-ECC(RFC)

b)ECC(RFC)-PI

is that fine ?

Yes.

>>.Other than JCo connections is anyother connections are needed for Portal-PI connectivity.

SAP ships JCO (Java connector API) to write java coding to interface with SAP systems without middleware like PI. If you are going to use PI, then portal does not need to use JCO. They can communicate using webservice or HTTP to PI.

>Should I need to install ESR content in to PI(7.1) server

ESR tool for designing PI objects. You need for development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

According to your reply ,If a webservice is being triggered via PI then we dont need any prerequisites connection establishment between Portal-PI and vice versa.Is that correct?

Could you please explain the ESR content in detail?

Thanks and regards,

Lavanya.B

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>If a webservice is being triggered via PI then we dont need any prerequisites connection establishment between Portal-PI and vice versa.Is that correct?

Yes. You are correct.

>>Could you please explain the ESR content in detail?

I dont know what do you mean by ESR content. Enterprise service Repository is PI's design tool for designing or creating data types, mesg types, service interfaces and mapping. Refer Pi standard document for more about it. Since PI 7.1 supports middleware SOA, we are naming it as Enterprise service Repository.

Refer these links for further details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwesrce/helpdata/en/80/41d6fab68dca439063d16e7a1875dc/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwesrce/helpdata/en/d6/de4b1157794ebd92720c3dad4d87a9/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.I have created RFC connection as ABAP type for ,

a)PI-ECC(RFC)

No RFC connections required here.. all the details will be provided only in Receiver adapter channel

b)ECC(RFC)-PI

RFC Connection required with the same program id in both ECC and in PI RFC sender adapter.

2.Other than JCo connections is anyother connections are needed for Portal-PI connectivity.

when web service is used no need to create any connections..

3.Should I need to install ESR content in to PI(7.1) server

which ESR content you are talking about for your scenario i dont think there is standard content provided by SAP unlike for MDM or SRM...i.e if content you are talking about is for MDM then yes...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thankyou so much for all your replies.

Could you please explain in detail about that ESR content and its usage ,as I am using MDM7.1 for my scenarios.

Regards,

Lavanya

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Async Sync bridge pattern with BPM

Soap sender (async) ---> RFC(sync) --> Proxy or Idoc (async)

For Soap sender refer this document

To configure Asynchronous

use Quality of Service: Exactly Once

Follow this link for soap sender configuration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fc/5ad93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

For Async sync pattern use this link... also Refer below link does RFC (sync)

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/a-step-by-step-guide-to-bpm-asynch-sync-bridge/technology/sap/170/

For Proxy or Idoc at the target side... This below link gives abap proxy receiver details

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Step-by-stepFTPtoABAPProxy

Hope this helps.