cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Type Line Length

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created several SD Text Types. They all are set to a default line length which I believe comes from setting in SE75 for Text Object VBBK. However, if in change the standard value from 72 to something more, I am still unable to enter more characters on a line of text. We would like to allow 80 characters per line of text. How can we make this setting?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu,

The reason for this request is that we are infacing with a transportation planning system. We will input the text in SAP and pass it to the TPM system. The TPM system has text formatted as 80 characters per line. We wanted to have the same formatting in SAP so that when the text is sent to the TPM system it is the same.

Thank you.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Julie,

It is not possible to change the default length of it.Can you explain why you want to change that.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to change the number of cursor positions per line for text types. This is the standard length SAP has provided considering A4(I think so) format. We cannot change it by programming. I think you have the possibility of entering any number of lines and hence the number of cursor position per line should not matter. Though I dont know what your purpose is, to have this kind of reqmt.