cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about ABAP 7.02 Trial and CE 7.2 Trial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am interested in setting up a java and abap stack to try out some of the newer technologies.

Can I install ABAP 7.02 Trial and CE 7.2 Trial and have them interact (WD4J accessing ABAP backend)?

Also is there a way to extend the licenses for the two application server trials? When I visit https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/minisap/minisap.htm, I do not see these two listed. Will I be able to use one of the other systems to extend the license?

If these are not a good choice for what I need, what versions would you recommend? I will be installing on my notebook running Windows Vista with 3GB of RAM.

Thanks,

Steven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm also interested in issues that you've asked. I would like to install java stack on ABAP trial Netweaver, but I've found somewhere that since ECC6.0 SAP is proposing to install separate java system instead of doing dual stacking. However I've found this info in only one place, so I'm not sure if it's 100% true.

I think it should be possible to make these 2 systems talk to each other, but as in your case, my PC is to weak to run two SAP instances. ABAP needs at least 1GB on XP and 2GB on VISTA and JAVA if I remember correctly 2GB on XP and more on VISTA. So I think that you won't be able to run both of them in the same time.

And about license, yes it is possible. Check this site http://tonkapome.wordpress.com/2009/07/04/sap-netweaver-trial-version-license-renewal/

I did it for my 7.2 NSP system and it worked. I didn't try it for CE1, but since it is on this list you should be able to do it without any problems. I don't know why but after this update my developer user BCUSER has lost developer key so I had to input it once again, but beside this everything works fine.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk