Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales document partner determination based on material

TAitchison
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement as follows. We are set up to have single sales org, single channel and multiple divisions for sales documents. Within the ship to customer master, we have configured several "Z" partner types which are determined in the sales order. One of these partner types is Sales Contact.

Now we have the requirement that based on the type of product (product hierarchy of material), Sales Contact could be different. So i am thinking I would configure partner types for each product line....i.e. sales contact - product line 1, sales contact -product line 2 etc...So then we would maintain all of the possible partner types within the ship to sales area master data.

But then how do i make the selection on the sales order line of the contact i want? I am thinking we will need to write ABAP to do the determination on sales order create or change.

Any suggestions on how to solve this are appreciated. Note: i am also considering the option of using multiple channels to do this but the ripple effect of doing so is substantial so i am looking for a different solution.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

This way you can configure, Create and assign partner determination in for Sales Document Item, and the required partner function in item level partner determination procedure, after

1. you can select that parner function in itme level manually in the sales order in item level...

Thanks

Rao

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still I am not clear on what logic system would determine that a particular material should be entered with a given combination of document type or any combination that you have currently.

Do you mean to say that one material goes only to one ship to customer or particular sales area ??

Nevertheless, this can be achieved with the help of ABAPer

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

TAitchison
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm saying that in a sales area, for example 1000/01/01...for a specific ship to customer, there are different product lines that the customer purchases and those product lines have different sales contacts.

I think in the initial configuration of the system, better use of distribution channels would have solved this issue and still can solve the issue but will require much additional configuration and re-work of pricing based on our current configuration.

I am in agreement, doing this with ABAP and utilizng the user exits within partner determination would be the way to go. If the different product lines had different item categories, i could configure line level determination but this is not the case in our current configuration.

thx for the assistance