cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality inspection for an activity in a construction business

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have the scenario like, the client is into business of constructing bridges, infrastructure etccc.client wants the quality inspection at various activities at the time of construction.Depends upon the inspection rework may happen and also wants to capture the rework cost.For example they wants to check some quality parameters like cracks,hardness,curing at the time of concrete slab ( it is an activity).There is no movement types and material here, so how can we address the issue.

As far as i know that there is no direct integration with PS and QM.

Can you please provide me the solution in detail is highly appreicated.

Thanks in advance

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

they wants to check some quality parameters like cracks,hardness,curing at the time of concrete slab ( it is an activity).There is no movement types and material here, so how can we address the issue.

As there is no mvt type I think the best way here is to use the "Manual Inspection lot creation"

There can be two options -->Inspection type 07 or 89

Mainly 89 is used for analysis & 07 used for audit.

Now Lets consider that

1.you have created a material say concrete block.

2.Activate 89 inspection type for it.

3.Created a task list (QP01) for this material with MIC's/Char like cracks,hardness,curing at the time of concrete slab.

4.whenever you need to do analysis then create manual lot (QA01)& do result recording for this lot.

5.Do analysis with entered results.

6.Use long text of UD (in QA11/QA32)or short text of Inspection lot(in QA01/QA02) for the additional information.

Now last part is to get the cost of rework if rework is done !!

I think best way is to use cost center for rework & do MB!B--->201 mvt type .

Otherwise there is no much options left !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your reply, but the concern is there are multiple projects at the same time, each project having multiple activiites so is there any way to do inspection without material or dummy material. For example constuction of a bridge there is so many activies like digging,foundation, pillars,etc.....

so can you prvide me the way around solution.

Venkat

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, you cannot do any qm inspections without a material number. It doesn't happen. So you'll need at least one material number. You can set up a dummy material with no value.

There are a number of ways to approach those. You could create a series of materials representing the various types of activities and inspections. You could tie them together by creating a batch number that relates to a project code or some other meaning full number. Lots would be created manually when needed.

You could just use one inspection lot maybe. At the beginning of the project your QM team gets together and designs a massive inspection that has many operations. Each operation would be a different activity of the construction process. I would make sure you use inspection points as I'm sure some operations would require repetitive testing.

There is no "real" or "right" way to set this up. You'll have to prototype some solutions and see what works.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

multiple projects at the same time, each project having multiple activiites so is there any way to do inspection without material or dummy material. For example constuction of a bridge there is so many activies like digging,foundation, pillars,etc.....

Its really not possible to create inspection lot or task list without material number.

Now As you said you have multiple activity & multiple material ,for this combination you need the to create material with activity( means operations) in task list with may be different work centers.by doing this you can do the results recording activity/operation wise .

By doing this you can create the manual lot whenever needed with definite set of material & activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any other way to do this scenario.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

considering all limitations I do not think there is another way round