Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication error after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

To update syndicator , as mentioned in Upgrde guide :

To update syndication maps for MDM 7.1, start the MDM 7.1 Syndicator and connect it to the updated

repository. Then, choose File 􀁯 Update Maps to update all syndication maps in the repository. When the

update process is finished, Syndicator opens a dialog displaying the number of maps updated.

For Repository "A" it was successfully updated but for Repository "B" it is giving me error ( Error updating syndication maps - Internal error ) right after i click on File -> Update maps

What does this mean - Internal error ? and why ?

Please help !

Regards,

Harmony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harmony,

Syndication maps can be upgraded only if MDM server is upgraded to 7.1. Can you please confirm that MDS is upgraded to 7.1 before executing this operation ?.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vinay,

Yes, ofcourse this step is done after upgrading the server only.

I dont knwo why i am still getting this " Internal error" ???

Regards,

Harmony

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi harmony.

Did you check the server logs which gives you detail explanation of the error.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmony,

I was facing exactly same error which you are getting

Please follow below steps to resolve it:

1. Connect to repository in MDM Console and Export Repository Schema. An error is thrown.

2. In Console now refer to MDS_Logs in Logs table having Severity Log Info. An error text similar to this will be shown

"Map name = Process_Tracking_EDW. Type = SyndicatorMap. Remote System = MDM_EDW. ID = 404. Map is empty. This map must be updated before any schema operation."

3. In Syndicator open the map having name shown in the error text of Step 2.

4. Unmap each field and remap the same then Save Map. Alternative to this step is to create a new map and delete this not updated map.

5. Again Export Schema in Console. If you get the same error as in step 1 then repeat steps from 2 to 4.

Finally when you are able to Export the schema successfully all the syndication maps are restored.

I was able to overcome this issue by following these steps. Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Sagar Sonje.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Thanks a lot for your step by step guidance.

As suggested by you , i checked MDSS log, what i found that error is referring to "Remote System" and not maps.

Please check the errors below :

1) Error during syndication. RC = 0xffabd005, RepTag = ABC_VENDOR_01 <ABQ [Oracle]>, MDS host = 123TEST, Agency = NAV_UK, ID = 64, type = CON

Please note : ** NAV_UK is the name of the Remote system

2) Per-agency task is going away, MDS Host = 123TEST, RepTag = ABC_VENDOR_01 <ABQ [Oracle]>, Agency = SAP_FR

Please note : ** *SAP_FR* is the name of the Remote system

Please help !

Regards,

Harmony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmony,

Please check the MDS log and not MDSS log after export repository schema.

Thanks and Regards,

Sagar Sonje

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmony

Try again this operation and check your server logs in MDM Console. Verify messages of the MDS_Log type.

Regards

Vassoler