Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Window ( Interface view ) of component usage

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to call window of component usage ( as a popup using method create_comp_usage ), however the startup plug of the component usage's window is not being called, however i call the component using URL it is being called.

how can i call startup of plug of interface view?

please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer the help text [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/455c6980f81962e10000000a114a6b/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/455c6980f81962e10000000a114a6b/content.htm]

Component usages needs standard plugs.

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

it means that start up plugs are relevant only if it called through wd application and start up plugs are not called when we call interface view using create_comp_usage method ( as pop up or window ).

i am able to display the interface view of compoent usage using create_comp_usage method, however i am still not understood how can i make use of standard plugs here, as i may not able to call these plugs outside the component, probabaly if i embed component usage's window in consumer components strucutre statically or dyanmically i can make use of standard plugs of interface view.

i am displaying interface view using the above mentioned method and code related which i am looking for is in startup plug of component usage which is standard wd component!!

correct me if i am wrong above!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> it means that start up plugs are relevant only if it called through wd application and start up plugs are not called when we call interface view using create_comp_usage method ( as pop up or window ).

Yes, it is correct.

> i am able to display the interface view of compoent usage using create_comp_usage method, however i am still not understood how can i make use of standard plugs here, as i may not able to call these plugs outside the component, probabaly if i embed component usage's window in consumer components strucutre statically or dyanmically i can make use of standard plugs of interface view.

You have interface property in plugs, if they are checked then they are available as part of the interface.

i am displaying interface view using the above mentioned method and code related which i am looking for is in startup plug of component usage which is standard wd component!!

According to my tests, create_window_for_cmp_usage is not at all going through the plugs, when the

window->open() is called wddoonopen method is called and then wddoinit method is called.

After that the default view in the window rendered as popup.So i would not put all my logics inside these plugs.

Answers (0)