cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard value for performance monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am looking into performance monitoring in the RWB bacause I think our production server is too slow. I get an average processing time per message around 60 sec, +/- 30 sec depending on the volume going through. This is obviously an unexceptable value...

But I was wondering, are there standards set for these values to indicate when performance is too (s)low? Any reference docs available from SAP?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is of course very depended from hardware and complexity of mappings. Apparently 60 seconds is much too long. I ve got for the system i m actual working with an average between 3 and 6 seconds.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are various factors need to be considered. 60 seconds happening for almost all interfaces or only some specific. If only for some interfaces, then check the message volume size. SAP recommends message size up to 5 mb for optimum performance. Also security layers such as https/ssl and message level security such as encryption or digital signing/verify could cause some additional delay in processing too.

Fixing Hardware is easy... You go for the SAP recommended spec.

If you are using PI 7.1 or above use Message Packaging configuration. This will help considerable boost in performance.

Please check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/7a6e3469454b2be10000000a155369/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for answering.

I am indeed trying to get the business to approve a hardware upgrade. But SAP has already mentioned that we are 6 times over the recommended volume with the current hardware and the business did not react...

I was trying to get some hard figures to convince them and thought that these figures would be quite out there. But obviously the results I get are not completely off the charts

Any other idea how to get more compelling figures?

Thx