cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after deploying BPM Process due to VC-TaskUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i'm trying to run a successfully deployed BPM Process with one Task created in Visual Composer. The task is consuming a Webservice from the ESWorplace. The task appears in the UWL, when I click it, this error message comes:

(The error only appears when i try to usa a webservice - without anything, just a simple UI, everythin runs well)

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDNode.size() of an object loaded from local variable 'parentNode'

at com.sap.tc.wd4vc.util.java.XGLNormalizationUtils.resolveDeNormalizedNodeElementAsInput(XGLNormalizationUtils.java:256)

at com.sap.tc.wd4vc.util.java.XGLNormalizationUtils.copyToNormalizedNodeInternal(XGLNormalizationUtils.java:113)

at com.sap.tc.wd4vc.util.java.XGLNormalizationUtils.fillNormalizedChildElements(XGLNormalizationUtils.java:160)

at com.sap.tc.wd4vc.util.java.XGLNormalizationUtils.copyToNormalizedNodeInternal(XGLNormalizationUtils.java:115)

at com.sap.tc.wd4vc.util.java.XGLNormalizationUtils.copyToNormalizedNode(XGLNormalizationUtils.java:85)

It is a CE7.2 System with NWDS 7.2 SP001.

What is the reason?

Greetings,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

In VC - in a datashare - I made an optional Input field of a Webservice (0...n) required (1...1). Apparently there is a bug in the Interface between VC and BPM (Start- and End-Point). Because the "made-required" Context-Node created in VC appear in BPM (in the Inputmapping of the Task) as an infinite-loop of Childnodes. This is the reason for the Error-Message.

Maybe this bug was fixed in newer SP's (I have SP01).

Greetings, Oliver