Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EventID 34700 / Long wait for first report

tom_weiss
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

When I start InfoView and open a first report, I experience up to 2 minutes waiting time. Afterwards, all reports (even the same one) are loaded quickly.

The event viewer shows two warnings for the time I opened the report:

34700 BusinessObjects_crcache; Transport error: Invalid object reference

34700 BusinessObjects_crproc: Transport error: Invalid object reference

The Tomcat log shows no errors for that time, but it shows one for the login-time (not sure if this one has anything to do with the long waiting time issue):

[/InfoViewApp].[action] Thread [http-8080-Processor25]; Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException

at org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendError(ResponseFacade.java:418)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendError(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:117)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.credential.WrappedServletResponse.sendError(WrappedServletResponse.java:30)

at com.wedgetail.idm.sso.AbstractAuthenticator.writeAuthenticationChallenge(AbstractAuthenticator.java:1936)

at com.wedgetail.idm.sso.MechChecker.authenticate(MechChecker.java:147)

at com.wedgetail.idm.sso.AbstractAuthenticator.authenticate(AbstractAuthenticator.java:1444)

at com.wedgetail.idm.sso.AbstractAuthenticator.checkAuthenticationOnly(AbstractAuthenticator.java:1330)

at com.wedgetail.idm.sso.AbstractAuthenticator.checkAuthentication(AbstractAuthenticator.java:1139)

at com.wedgetail.idm.sso.AuthFilter.doFilter(AuthFilter.java:148)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.credential.WrappedResponseAuthFilter.doFilter(WrappedResponseAuthFilter.java:66)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

What's the meaning of the 2 event warnings and what could I do to prevent the long waiting time for the first report load?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aloha Tom,

I have the same exact error as you I hope you get an answer on this It could help me out as well

Thanks,

supertechhawaii

0 Kudos

Hi,

these Transport errors are "usual behavior". Check SAP Note - 1206841

Regarding the LogIn issue. Are you using the Enterprise Authentication or any kind of 3rd Party Authentication like LDAP?

Regards

-Seb.

tom_weiss
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian

Ok, so I can ignore the transport errors.

We are using SSO with Kerberos and AD. When launching InfoView, the SSO works without any problems and is very fast. The long waiting time occurs only when a report is loaded.

Could maybe some server settings (CrystalReportsCacheServer, CrystalReportsProcessingServer, ...) cause the delay?

Regards

Tom

@supertechhawaii: do you only have the transport errors (which obviously can be ignored) or are you also experiencing the long waiting time? If so, are you also using SSO?

0 Kudos

Hi,

are these Reports pre- claculated ones or on- demand queries?

Are the Reports very large? How many rows, pages?

Regards

-Seb.

tom_weiss
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian

The reports are on-demand queries with only 200 to 300 records and with only a few aggregated values. But I'm pretty sure the query itself isn't the reason for the long latency. Loading time in the Crystal Designer preview is quite short and the latency when loading the report in InfoView occurs BEFORE the parameter prompt (that means when "preparing" the report, not yet loading the data) and only if the report has not been loaded for a certain time (about half an hour). If the same report is opened again within a few minutes, it loads fast (2-3 seconds), even if I log out and log in again in between.

That's why I was asking if it maybe could be a server setting issue (for example any cache memory setting). What makes it some kind of odd is the circumstance that the first load latency doesn't occur with all reports.

Regards

Tom

0 Kudos

Hi,

did you changed anything on the CR Cache SErver? If yes set the values back to default and try again.

REgards

-Seb.

tom_weiss
Explorer
0 Kudos

No, all Cache Server settings are default.

Regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There...

Excuse the Noob_ness..

How do i Check "SAP NOTE - 1206841"

Thanks

tom_weiss
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

On the SAP Support Portal, choose the Help and Support Section. There you can search the SAP notes and the knowledge base.

Regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tom.

tom_weiss
Explorer
0 Kudos

Nobody has any idea about that?