Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC4 change client role from Production

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a SAP note which part of the resolution is to do a client copy of a transport from SCC1, I am now at the production system and SCC1 prompts the message Target client is productive and protected against client copy, I have gone into SCC4 and changed out production client protection level 0 and still get the message, I think what I need to do is change the client role from Production to customizing or test etc, I am worried as this is the production environment what the consequences are coul anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other than the client changeability issues, the problem it will cause for the users is that certain customizing changes will prompt for a transport if you change the client role to non-production.

This includes routine changes that end users make in production systems like opening and closing posting periods. During the time the client role is set to customizing or test those changes will be recorded in transports and the users will not be used to that.

This also applied to any maintenance dialog created in SE54 that have have "Current settings" activated.

Regards

Tarkesh

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your post.

This is the information I was after.

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the post, could you tell me why this is not recommended?

This is my problem, I think this is what I need to do but I am concerned changing the client type will cause problems for users.

When you say change from Production to Test but this is not recommended do you know why it is not recommended?

Thanks

Jay

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If I change the client role from production to test would this effect the client as this is the production client?

Thanks

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the reply.

I have set in SE06 global settings to modifiable and also in SCC4 to allow cross client changes with level 0 restrictions however I still get the message in SCC1 Target client is productive and protected against client copy

Do I need to change anything in SE06 other than the global setting?

Thanks

Jay

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Strange. Try by changing the Client Role from Production to Test in Scc4.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a problem with EH&S part of the fix from SAP Note 1265493 is to run SCC1 and copy the transport from client 000 to the target client.

SAP Note 1265493 says

If you are using ERP 6.0 up to and including Enhancement Package 4 and you implement this note using a Support Package (as of EA-APPL ECC600 Support Package 16, ECC602 Support Package 06, ECC603 Support Package 05 or ECC604 Support Package 03), the extension for the characteristics is available only on the 000 client for your system. To copy the extension for the characteristics to another client, proceed as follows in each system and client for which you require the characteristics to be extended:

Call transaction SCC1.

Select the source client 000 and the transport request EHS_DG_10.

Execute the client copy.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then open client from SCC4 and also change system option to modifiable form Se06.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Check the is there any dependent request for that request.

Choose 1st 3 tick marks in the STMS import options

Regards,

Jeeva

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you need to do SCC1 in production ? Do you have 2 clients in Production ? Is there no possibility to move this transport from quality to production ?

This error you are getting because system status set to non-modifiable in SE06.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using TP command at os level. we can move transport from qua to pro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

Try by changing the Client Role from Production to Test in Scc4 and make software components status as modifiable in SE06

This will help you out.

Let us know result if still you are having any problem.

changing the Client Role from Production to Test is not recommended.

Thanks