cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with creation of site (SMWP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am currently working on SAP SRM 7.0 , middleware settings for master data replication from SAP ECC to SRM.

I am facing a strange issue. when I try to create a site for backend ECC system in transaction SMWP. When I click on site attributes for typr R/3 and give the ECC RFC destination , system throws an error "Logical System is not defined in target system".

I have checked multiple times in ECC and SRM ALE settings where logical system for SRM and ECC is correctly defined. There seems to be no problems with RFC connections also in both ECC and SRM as I am able to remote log in.

Kindly let me know what could be the possible reason for this issue

Awaiting your reply

Pawan Keshwani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl check your steps once again as per the following blog : /people/marcin.gajewski/blog/2007/02/05/how-to-replicate-material-master-from-r3-to-srm

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have already checked this blog although I have doubts with my system Landscape definition.

While defining system landscape in "SPRO-> SRM Server-> Technical Basic settings->Define System Landscape" there are two attributes System Lanscape Directory Name and system Type. I might have put wrong information here.

Can you plz let me know what do you put in these fields? Is this information provided by BASIS team during installation?

Regards

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System Type for SRM should be 'Local' and for your ECC should be ERP_2.0/ERP_3.0 (Whichever you are using). System Landscape Directory name basically refers to the Business System names created in SLD of your XI system. This is used in configuring scenarios in XI which involve SRM or ECC.

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pedro_santos6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Txn SMOEAC.

Object type: Site

Site Types - R/3

Take a look if you have the logical system.

Rgs,

Pedro Marques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

Thanks for information

@ Pedro I am trying to define site type R/3 but again when I try to choose backend logical system for R3 site type , it gives me the error "Logical System Not Defined In Target System".

Any Idea what could be the possible reason for this error?

Regards

Pawan Keshwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

In your SRM system, have you defined a Log System for your ECC system in SALE T-code? Similarly In your ECC system, have you defined a Log System for your SRM system in SALE T-code?

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

I have defined the logical systems, also I have defined the RFC user and destination(sm59). Remote login through RFC destination in both the systems is also working perfectly fine.

Regards

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error clearly states that Log system is not defined. Hence under SALE in both the systems you need to ensure that you define LS with unique names. In SRM you need to define a LS for ECC as well as SRM and in ECC you need to define a LS for SRM as well as ECC.

Regards,

Nikhil

spalc
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check on your R3 system that the logical system is assigned to your client definition in tcode scc4.

Regards, jean