cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating MAM 7.0 to NetWeaver Mobile 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to migrate MAM 7.0 to Netweaver Mobile 7.1. I have few queries regarding the same,

1) Please let me know if MAM application can be deployed on Netweaver Mobile 7.1.

2) Also can the MAM application be modified/updated after migrating to 7.1?

3) Please also let me know the advantages/disadvantages of migrating MAM application to Netweaver Mobile 7.1.

4) Is support provided from SAP for MAM on Netweaver Mobile 7.1.

Regards,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Please let me know if MAM application can be deployed on Netweaver Mobile 7.1.

--- YES

2) Also can the MAM application be modified/updated after migrating to 7.1?

--- You can migrate the model from 7.0 to 7.1. After that you can modify the model in 7.1. But i think there is no application delivered by SAP for MAM using 7.1

3) Please also let me know the advantages/disadvantages of migrating MAM application to Netweaver Mobile 7.1.

--- Check this blog: [/people/priyanka.singh3/blog/2009/02/26/difference-between-netweaver-mobile-70-and-71]

4) Is support provided from SAP for MAM on Netweaver Mobile 7.1.

--- Some of the partners / customers implemented MAM on their own. Support will be there from Netweaver Mobile 7.1 but i think backend support is not available.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thank you very much.

Please let me know what you mean by telling that the model can be changed.

Also please let me know if the UI of the existing application can be modified/enhanced after migrating to 7.1. Also is it possible to change the backend structure after migrating?

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know what you mean by telling that the model can be changed.

Answer: Changing the models means, you change the Data Objects after migrating to NetWeaver Mobile 7.10 or add some new Data Objects.

Also please let me know if the UI of the existing application can be modified/enhanced after migrating to 7.1. Also is it possible to change the backend structure after migrating?

Answer : Existing UI can be modified, but incase you have any issues, you will not receive support for that.

regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

question: if you stay inside MI7.0 wth MAM3.0 and enhance the code - do you have support? I would say you do not get full upport, cause you have changed the code. It is pretty much the same here:

you need support if MI does something wrong - you have suppot for MI based issues.

you need support if backend does no what you think it should do - you have full support cause you use standard methods in backend.

You need client support after you have changed anything? you never had support here and you will never get support.

So this situation is the same as before. But you need to be very precise on SAP support on where the error is based to address it to correct person and team. It is correct: MAM3.0 and MI7.1 as such are not supported in general, but as said: stripped down to its core process you have all support you need.

You asked for changes in backend structure or client changes. And my answer was related to this: you can do same enhancements you have done with MI7.0 and MAM3.0. Same technology is behind and so everything you have done before, you can still do now. So yes, this is possible.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

DOE

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

ys, you can switch MAM from mI7.0 to MI7.1.

The procedure is straight forward and you can follow the migration guide available by SAP. BUT: it will give you a few issues you need to be aware of.

The more easy aproach is, to build a compatible SWDC in MI7.1 and import all Data Object based on backend BAPI Wappers into MI7.1. While doing this, you should convert all 2Way DO like MAM30_001 or MAM30_010 to server driven.

Once you have done this, you can use your existing JSP client with MI7.1 and run with the same app you have used already inside MI7.1

If you like to upgrade your environment later to any new technology, an upgrade to MI7.1 today is an easy and necessary step, cause every new SAP technology includes this architecture. Furthermore you have a very good monitoring and you can habndle more data beside with more users. And on top. load on backend is lower.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thank you very much.

Please let me know once I migrate MAM from MI 7.0 to Netweaver Mobile 7.1 can I make any UI or backend structure changes?

Also when you say "import all Data Object based on backend BAPI Wappers" do you mean creating new BAPI Wrappers in 7.1 to match the functionality of MAM 7.0 or do you mean importing the Data Objetcs into SWCV after migrating MBO's.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

once you have imported BADI wrappers, you can make same changes as before with MI7.0.

Please be aware of following: if you follow migration guide, MI7.1 creates 2WAY DO - you are not able to change these DO in any kind. These are for compatibility mode only and so they are pretty much fixed.

MI7.1 and MI7.0 as such follows the same principle as long as you see it from backend side. We have getlist/getdetail/create.... BAPIs. So what you could do: you import these existing MAM BAPIs as DO into MI7.1. Doing this, you keep the same logic and the same structure, but you have a complete MI7.1 struvture if it comes to data objects. So you can do all enhancements you like to do.

Hope this makes it more clear.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thank you very much.

When you say the easier approach is to build a compatible SWDC in MI7.1 and import all Data Object based on backend BAPI Wappers into MI7.1, then i guess all the dependencies and distribution rules need to be created manually.

If they are imported as per the guide then the dependencies and distribution rules based on single filters are automatically created.

So i guess importing based on BAPI wrappers is more error prone since all the dependecies have to be created manually.

Please correct me if I am worng.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

sorry for ate reply.

Yes, you are right - you need to do this manually, but beside this - if you follow the guide many manual steps are required as well and there are just a few more if you do it by your own. So it is not that much more difficult.

Beside that: you have the ability to adjust the data model in the way you like if you follow the manual approach.

Regards,

Oliver