cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any possiblity to simulate the data from sql database, if so can you guide me the process.

Thanks,

Raveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are looking for sample relational data, have you considered just using the Northwind sample database?

If you want time series data you can use the Simulator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeremy,

How to aggregarte the data from Simulated MII Data and writing to SQL?

I would like to understand more about Simulating the data how to add the tags to the simulator and write into SQL Database.

Thanks,

Sudhir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know more information about simulating data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raveen,

You can review the help on the [simulator editor|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii121/helpdata/en/45/515ba4e90317f0e10000000a155369/content.htm].

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the link, i have gone through the help for simulator and have some doubts to clarify about Writable option.

It says it allows to write a new value to a tag name, is this can be done on the runtime i mean similar to realtime.

I am trying to understand that I have a simulator and i want the tags values to be changed automatically let's say every 10sec?

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raveen,

Simulator tags are generated each time you query the tag. There is no store of data which is queried and returned. So the data changes each time you query and there is no repeatability (unless the data is static).

So if you want the data to change every 10 seconds, simply run your query every 10 seconds.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply mike, How about the Historian's ,how is it works. Is it something which stores the tags information as well how it differs with simulator ?

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Historians log process data collected from equipment on a regular basis. It is used for trend analysis and process monitoring purposes (among others). And it is repeatable ( if you check the data today for 1/1/2011, it will be the same data if you check 1/1/2011 tomorrow). Data is retrieved at regular intervals according to the characteristics of the equipment, the needs of the monitoring, and the programming done by the process engineer (or his equivalent).

Historians do not come with MII, only the Simulator.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

I was given a task to work with Energy Analysis which is now available as RDS also, I initially downloaded the package from SDN and I see from the package there are tag queries available and there is also a scheduler running to populate the database with simulated values but I dont see any Simulator available with the package and when i run the transaction which mapped for scheduler throws an error saying no tags to query.

Same case with the Earlier Energy management scenario as well, i am trying to understand in realtime how i can populate the data and showup in the dashboards. If there are practical examples or code to help me understand would be great.

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raveen,

The Simulator referenced in the Energy Analysis RDS is the default Simulator that comes with your MII installation. However, the tags used in the Energy Analysis package either need to be created or imported from a file. I have not seen the RDS, so I am not sure which path you should take, but I would check for a file which contains the required tags. It should be in the installation guide or configuration directions.

Ideally you will have a Historian available and can use "Real" data instead of Simulator generated data. However, you will still need to make sure the tags are mapped to the specific locations/plants.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Apr 14, 2011 6:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike,

I have gone through the Technical guides and application guides but didn't find any information about the Tag file. Would it be possible for you to trace for me the Tag file information. I have also setup the Energy Management scenario which was integrated with xCelsius and my Superior colleagues were impressed with the dasboards. At this momment data for this demo is entered via web page entry forms but I was asked to check how we can get this automated or via simulator, can you help me understand how we can do this But i didn't understood the difference here what is the use of getting the data via simulator and not from the database.

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

I sent your name to someone who was on the RDS task, but it will be next week at the earliest before he can respond. I would check the RDS folks about how to either configure the Simulator tags properly or how to acquire the file with the basic structures.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for the follwup, can you help me with other points in my earlier question about Energy management scenario "At this momment data for this demo is entered via web page entry forms but I was asked to check how we can get this automated or via simulator, can you help me understand how we can do this But i didn't understood the difference here what is the use of getting the data via simulator and not from the database." In this scenario MII is intergated with PI Historian and we dont want to use the PI Server here instead we want to go with Simulator, can you help me how is it possible?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a01b3b7d-12bb-2c10-49b0-918e8ecc59dd&override...

Thanks,

Raveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

The SDN download contains the required simulator tags definition as an XML file called "DefaultSimulator.xml". You can find this file after you import the project, and look into the WEB tab.

In the CATALOG tab (COMMON folder), you can find a transaction, called "trx_15M_MeterReadings" which will access these tags defined above and record the simulated values in the database for futher analysis and processing. The only required step is to schedule the transaction to run at the required intervals (i.e. 15 minutes implies setting up 4 transaction schedule items).

Hope it helps.

paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

Can you please share the technical guide of the solution Energy Analysis. I've downloaded the package assuming it will include mentioned documents (Application and Technical guides) as in the solution writeup, but those are missing.

Would highly appreciate if you have the document and share.

Thanks