Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in Adjustment of text in smartform

suresh_namani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any one tell me how can I adjust the text in following format in smartform.

1. During the period of your deputation hereunder, you will be employed in a management position of the Company

and shall perform such services for the Company and for any parent, subsidiary or affiliate of the Company as and when

directed by the Chief Operating Officer/ Country Head/ Business Head and other Authorized Superiors of the Company. In

such case you shall also follow the rules, regulations of such organization where you will be deputed.

Normally it is printing as:

1. During the period of your deputation hereunder, you will be employed in a management position of the Company and shall perform such services for the Company and for any parent, subsidiary or affiliate of the Company as and when directed by the Chief Operating Officer/ Country Head/ Business Head and other Authorized Superiors of the Company. In such case you shall also follow the rules, regulations of such organization where you will be deputed.

I want the number in starting position and total text in same position...

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If your issue is resolved than please close the thread by giving the method you implemented.

BR,

Vinit

suresh_namani
Participant
0 Kudos

1. During the period of your deputation hereunder, you will be employed in a management position of the Company

***and shall perform such services for the Company and for any parent, subsidiary or affiliate of the Company as and when

***directed by the Chief Operating Officer/ Country Head/ Business Head and other Authorized Superiors of the Company. In

***such case you shall also follow the rules, regulations of such organization where you will be deputed.

here I want space instead of stars. in the sense second line shold be started at the point of first line starting point(*During).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you passing * in the text if yes , instead of * pass space.

Regards,

Dhina..

Edited by: Dhina DMD on May 28, 2011 11:28 AM

Edited by: Dhina DMD on May 28, 2011 11:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In text elements, after typing enter after each line, use tab key(in keyboard) to bring the starting word of next line exactly under the first of previous line. I've done the same for printing PO terms & condition.

1) press tab then type 1), and again 1 tab space, type the first line content, press enter.

2) now press tab twice it will bring the cursor exactly below the first word of previous line.

Thanks,

Rajan U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use this code: to print your wnated text in smartform:

CALL FUNCTION 'READ_TEXT'

EXPORTING

• CLIENT = SY-MANDT

ID = '0001'

LANGUAGE = SY-LANGU

NAME = V_NAME

OBJECT = 'VBBK'

• ARCHIVE_HANDLE = 0

• LOCAL_CAT = ' '

• IMPORTING

• HEADER =

TABLES

LINES = DT_LINES

EXCEPTIONS

ID = 1

LANGUAGE = 2

NAME = 3

NOT_FOUND = 4

OBJECT = 5

REFERENCE_CHECK = 6

WRONG_ACCESS_TO_ARCHIVE = 7

OTHERS = 8

Regards,

Akg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

and shall perform such services for the Company and for any parent, subsidiary or affiliate of the Company as and when

directed by the Chief Operating Officer/ Country Head/ Business Head and other Authorized Superiors of the Company. In

such case you shall also follow the rules, regulations of such organization where you will be deputed.

if you want this as the output in ur layout, try this logic!!!!

I hope you are using same text element to display all this texts. So what I would suggest is ,put an enter button after every line- last text as displayed below:

hit enter button so that control goes to next line. In the 2nd line u can write like below:

again hit enter......and so on continue for all the lines.

Hope this will help you to close this thread.

Appreciate if found helpful...

Regards,

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use line feed (/) to avoid continuous printing