cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in maintenance optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an ERP 6.0 EHP 4 system registered in SMSY under ERP. We are trying to run Maintenance optimizer for this.

But it tis giving the following error: -

""Successor installed for SAP GTS 7.2""

And continue button is inactive. So we can not move ahead.

I have checked and in our system SLL-LEG 720 (SLL-LEG 720 : Add-On Installation) and SLL_PI 800_604 (GTS Plug-In) are both there. It was new installtion and no upgrade. So both components came by itself during installation.

I have gone through note Note 1495419 - MOpz: Message no. MOPZ_CHECKS107.

But I do not understand what this note is asking to do.

Regards,

Tajinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are also facing some issues with the MOPZ.

System: ECC6.0 EHP5

After running the verification tool, getting the error "Successor product version SAP GTS 10.0 of older product version SAP GTS 7.2 assigned" and two more errors.

And also we are not able to find the exact product instance for SAP Fiori.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tajinder,

I have the same problem with a fresh new installation of ECC 6.0 EHP4 IDES. SAP has deployed GTS 7.2 Add-On and GTS 8.0 Plugin to this system before delivery.

Do you have found a solution?

I allready used a ERP 6.0 product definition (of course there is another product for EPH4 assigned). To solve the issue I followed note 1495419 - I added GTS 8.0 as product and selected SLL-LEG as relevant. But conflict is still there. I also tried SSL-LEG and SLL_PI 604 in GTS 8.0 product version.

Thanks,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

The solution was to update the SLL-LEG 720 to version 800 first in the ERP system. Then update the information in SMSY. This should solve your problem.

Regards,

Tajinder

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes when you think about it it is quite obvious...

I will try (thankfully a have access to GTS comps, I think I will keep a copy of upgrade files in my library for other customers...)

Best, Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tajinder

How do I get SLL-LEG 800? I couldn't locate it in service market place.

Thanks,

Asaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This means ur organization doesnt have license for GTS. And you are not authorized for downloading it.

You can contact OSS and they will let you know about your licenses.

Regards,

Tajinder

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Asaf,

if you have same problem as I (IDES update) but no access to GTS try to change the system data in SLD - and remove GTS from software components. This should also work for MOPZ download - in my case i have to update GTS because I would like to test single system update with MOPZ.

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply.

I can't remove SLL-LEG from software components. Delete row was greyed out. Screen was change mode.

My steps: Solution Manager/smsy/Product system/SAP ERP/SID - Software Components. Change mode , Delete row.

Asaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

We exchanged some emails with Frank Wagner who helped us out here. Thanks Frank.

In case anybody else runs into this issue, the steps were:

1. Login to SLD. Go to Content Maintenance.

2. Class: Installed Software Component, Filter: SLL

3. Click on "Assocs" for SLL-LEG.

4. In the next screen check "Installed SW Component" for your system.

5. Click Remove

6. Repeat 3-5 for SLL_PI

7. Solution manager SMSY, Go to "Setup System Landscape Maintenace"

8. Transfer Data.

9. Sync Solution Manager with SLD - "Schedule Data Transfer from TMS/SD"

This deleted SLL-LEG from Solution manager and we were able to apply EhP4 SP 09 to target IDES system.

Asaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asaf, thanks a million. This helped me now and will save me a lot of trouble in the future. I also use IDES systems with add-ons we do not use, but blocks upgrades / updates every time because off the lack of licenses for these add-ons. I will keep this for later use

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have tried the solution form NOTE 1495419 as well the 9 steps described by Asaf Karim .

Is there any other way to process the mopz ?

We have an ERP EHP5 with :

SLL-LEG           720       0001     SAPK-72001INSAPSLL

SLL_PI 900_604            0001     SAPK-90A01INSLLPI

Solution Manager:

SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0

Best Regards

0 Kudos

I have had success with the following steps in a Solution Manager 7.1 SP5 system:

In the SLD to which the system you want to apply support packs is sending data:

1. Log into the SLD

2. Go to "Administration"

3. Go to "Content Maintenance"

4. In the "Subset" dropdown, select "Assocations"

5. In the "Class" dropdown, select "Installed SW Component on Application System"

Note:  Most likely all items will NOT be shown, so scroll down to the bottom and click option to "Show all items"

6. Search for SLL-LEG for the appropriate system (you can also use the filter)

7. Click the checkbox next to SLL-LEG

8. Click the "Remove" button at the top of the page.

9. Search for SLL PI (again, for the appropriate system)

10. Click the checkbox next to SLL PI

11. Click the "Remove" button at the top of the page.

12. Confirm that SLL-LEG and SLL PI have been deleted

In Solution Manager for the managed system:

1. Execute transction LMDB

2. Navigate to the managed system that is having the issue

3. Ensure you are in "Edit" mode

4. Open up the "Techincal System" node

5. Select the appropriate technical system

6. Click the button "Resync from SLD"

7. Review the information in the popup and click "OK"

8. After the data has been re-synced from the SLD, attempt to run Maintenance Optimizer again

Note that you must finish the "Calculate queue" phase of maintenance optimizer BEFORE the next refresh of SLD data is sent from the managed system.  Once the SLD data is refreshed and re-synced with the LMDB, the error will return.

former_member208255
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

As per your steps we have gone through, but I am unable to see the verification in Green please find the attached.

System Details:

ECC6 EHP5, SP level 14

Could you please help me out to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Bhaskar N

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sunny,

yes, but we could do set GTS relevant only under the product " SAP ERP ENHANCEMENT PACKAGES" , do so suggested that.

please correct if i wrong

Jansi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let me know which component of GTL is installed in your system ? Is it EA-GLTRADE ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EA-GLTRADE 604 is installed. But as per my research the conflict is between SLL-LEG 720 (SLL-LEG 720 : Add-On Installation) and SLL_PI 800_604 (GTS Plug-In) components

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes the solution should be implement the note 1495419 - MOpz: Message no. MOPZ_CHECKS10

what i understood from the note is You should define the system in SMSY both the places. under the product system as "SAP ERP" and product system of "SAP ERP ENHANCENT PACKAGES".

under SAP ERP mark the relevant as "SAP ECC Server", and the down one mark the relevant as "Global trade"

please check

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think we can define the same server twice under SMSY product systems.

What i understand that it is asking to mark one of the components as active. But no otion to do that

Regards,

Tajinder

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you marked GTS as well in relevant instance in SMSY ?

Thanks

Sunny

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can add more than one product in the Header Data tab in SMSY, button 'change product assignment'. Please add both ERP 6 and EHP4 as suggested.

Please make sure that you enter the system in an ERP 6 logical component and choose it in Maintenance Optimizer through product version ERP 6.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the kind reply, it cleared long back my doubt regaring the sap note 1495419.

Regards,

Jansi

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. There are a lot of problems with the way the Addons are handled in SMSY and Maintenance Optimizer, they follow slightly different concepts so it is absolutely necessary to follow 'how to' documents such as notes 1464712 and 1505281

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ