cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File split and correlation in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a large file from the sender FTP which I am splitting by using 'recordsets per message' in the file adapter.

Now I want all the split files to enter the same BPM.

I have designed the BPM logic by using the correlation in the receive step. Still I am seeing that the each split message from the same file is entering into a separate BPM.

How can we monitor whether the correlation is actibve? What could be the other options to check?

KIndly help.

Thanks,

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look into below link to understand. it is similar scenario as yours.

http://www.erpgenie.com/sap-technical/xi/xipi-1n-multi-mapping-using-bpm

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

That scenario does not answer my question.

The question is:

Where can we check for the active correlation at runtime? Is there a transaction which will tell you whether the correlations are active and which one was taken at runtime?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

John

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check whether the correlation is activated at runtime. Just open ur runtime BPM instance by clicking on PE.

Go to Menu -> List with Technical Details

There u will all the steps of ur BPM. Select the receive step (which will b mostly displays as Waiting for Event Step) of ur BPM. Selecet the step. Check the Container tab in below screen.

If ur correlation is activated then u will and entry in table _CORRELATION.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

are you sure that the value in the correlation field is the same for all the batches with recordsets ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ciochinah,

The value is same in all the batches.

But there is one aspect. Each batch has got many line items (no headers). I am assigning an element in the line items for correlation.

All the line items in all the batches has got the same value for the field element used in correlation.

I have one important question here. Where can we check for the active correlation at runtime? Is there a transaction which will tell you whether the correlations are active and which one was taken at runtime?

Thanks,

John