Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue during EHP4 upgrade in dual stack

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am upgrading EHP4 on ECC 6.0 on dual stack.

Below is the status.

ABAP - Phase MAIN_NEWBAS/GETSYNC_MODPROF_STARTED in Downtime.

Wait for SAPJup event.

Though the status is showing the phase is running. The monitor tab for ABAP shows waiting for synchronization event MODPRFO=STARTED.

J2EE - Phase START_J2EE_DEPL in Downtime.

It ended in error as the Java instance could not start.This is due to that ABAP stack process was faster and by that time it went down.So java stack did not come up.

Now the issue seems to be ABAP stack upgrade is hanging (there are no logs updating in tmp for the past 1.5 hrs) as it can not get in sync with java.

Now in MMC all instances are down(ABAP ,Java and shadow instance).In this stage,can I stop the EHPI installation and start the instances and contue Java stack and then with ABAP?

Please let us know if you have any other solutions?

Regards,

Dinkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot change the sequence as upgrade tool automatically takes care. Could you please paste latest logs here ?

Thanks

Sunny

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

In the phase of START_J2EE_DEPL, the content of START_J2EE_DEPL_TJP_10.LOG is below.

(AbstractPhaseType.java:863) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Exception has occurred during the execution of the phase.

Mar 3, 2011 10:13:26 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.engine.AbstractEngineController.startEngineE(AbstractEngineController.java:241) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Could not start instance 00.

Mar 3, 2011 10:13:26 AM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeControlEngine.executeAction(PhaseTypeControlEngine.java:559) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Could not start AS Java instance with name J2EE and number 00 of the standard system.

Mar 3, 2011 10:13:26 AM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:906) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Phase UPGRADE/DEPLOYMENT_BASED_UPGRADE/START_J2EE_DEPL has been completed.

Mar 3, 2011 10:13:26 AM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:907) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Start time: 2011/03/03 10:11:56.

Mar 3, 2011 10:13:26 AM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:909) [Thread[main,5,main]]: End time: 2011/03/03 10:13:26.

Mar 3, 2011 10:13:26 AM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:910) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Duration: 0:01:29.625.

Mar 3, 2011 10:13:26 AM [Info]: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:911) [Thread[main,5,main]]: Phase status is error.

The dev_jcontrol log shows the it can't attach to the message server.

Now the ABAP stack upgrade seems to be hanging for SAPJup event in the phase MAIN_NEWBAS/GETSYNC_MODPROF_STARTED.

Can I stop the EHPI installation and start SAP instances manually in down time phase?

Please let me know what I should do to go ahead.

Regards,

Dinakar

Edited by: mutnuru dinakar on Mar 3, 2011 8:40 AM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to start the system manually. Also, don't stop EHPi tool.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This seems that there are wrong parameters set in the profile.

Could you please check the note below

741289- Profile parameters of the J2EE engine are lost

Also, please check the following notes

723909 and 716926 and check the JVM parameters.

regards,

John Feely

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your kind replies.Anyways I had started SAP manually it went ahead.

Regards,

Dinakar