cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Actions in Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me with dynamic actions in VC.

I am trying to open different popups based on my selection in a Drill Down Field.

How can I do this?

Where can I find an example for using Dynamic actions in Visual Composer?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can not directly run an action from the drop down. But you can use guard conditions which lead to each specific popup and then according to what was chosen in the dropdown the specific popup will be run, this way you will only have one button.

Jarrod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarrod,

I did the same.But wanted to understand:

How and where do we use "dynamic actions"

Regards,

Anurag

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Dynamic actions can be used to trigger actions when specific criteria is met. This can be used as a type of validation, checking if a specific field has been filled, to check if a user has permission to do a certain action. I have used it an it works in a simple model. I created a dynamic action using the following formula IF(@NUM1>1,'END','STORE') and then if the number was greater than 1 the application was stopped using an end point or data was stored using the STORE event and a datastore. You will get an error that the END and STORE events are declared but can not be raised, this will not cause a problem when you run the model.

Jarrod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jarrod.

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to create an 'onchange-like' event on an input field in VC. The dynamic action formula was the following: if(@str == '','NOTVALID','VALID'). I created a signal out with event NOTVALID, and an other one with VALID event.

As a result no action was invoked.

Should this explicit onchange work like this, or am I totally wrong about this?

Attila

Antonio_leites
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thing in your command is missing the CMD to specify the customer action. The right Syntax should be

if(@str == ' ', "CMD(NOTVALID), "CMD(VALID)"). You have to reproduce the action code you want to put with the dynamic action and all customer actions are like CMD(event).

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to use Dynamic Actions. The dynamic action formula was the following: IF(@BOOL1,"CMD(SUBMIT1)","CMD(SUBMIT2)").

But in ervery case the action was SUBMIT1. Even when I write "1>2" for the condition.

Why does the Visual Composer use in every case the first expression?

Regards Anton Weber

Answers (0)