cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption of material for Project from reservation stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have Project which has around total of 700 WBS of 5 levels of hirearchy. There is NO BOM concept in this project. WE donot have PP module. Project is Purchase driven.

All purchase of material is procured using Automatic Material Grouping, so that its easy to manage the stock. When we do GR for a material attached to lower level WBS/Activity combination, actuals is posted to superior WBS. Next when i do Goods issue for reservation, actuals are posted to appropriate WBS/Activities. but..

In my Stock report MMBE, it is showing the stock under Reservation. How do i consume it against project.

We donot want to post each material individual against each activity for consumption, because it becomes a tedious job for user to do the same for around 500 materials.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Thank you.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your reservation will get closed while confirming the activity (tick check box clear reservation) or if you create delivery through CNS0 your reservation will get closed, but your consumption will be booked on the WBSE where the stock exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam n Abdul

Thank you for your valuable inputs.

Resolution:

My Prime intention was to avoid Reservations for Pr created via Network as we don't have PP. To achieve this i used below settings

1. I'm using Prelim Requirements as Procurement Indicator. (This doesn't trigger Reservation), but also this doesn't update planned cost for network activity or WBS as cost relevancy will not be checked.

2. As per your (Abdul) suggestion in another post, i checked planning in network type, due to which costing relevancy is checked.

Now im able to create PR without reservations and also relevant for costing....also my stock will Project stock against WBS.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would like to thanks for sharing the resolution....

it seems you are using Item category N - non stocks ,without reservation you create PR,

is it possible to keep project stocks also, without consuming(not posted to P&L) upon GR??

my doubt is, whether you would be able to keep both values & untities in project stocks once GR is done, so that you can do issue in later .

Regards,

Sam L.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He is using the option of Advance procurement in PS, which is normally used for long lead items. System will create PR immediately for these items as these are considered long lead items.

I do not know how is able to manage the delivery schedule with this settings, may be manually adjusting the requirement date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

Im using Item Category L (Stockable Material)

It is possible to get project Stock (WBS Level) without consumption after GR

Yes im able to keep both values & Quantities in project stocks once GR is done, so that i can do issue in later .

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario is such that we procure materials in advance for a WBS, which will be consumed periodically on need basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the option you choose after putting L over there?? only five option are apperiang there, first three are out for your requirement, i know

Is it Preliminary purc. req. for WBS element or Third party requisition for WBS element? if not ,how you got more option Pls explain

Regards,

Sam L

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can create your own requirement indicator.

Path: IMG --> Project Systems --> Material --> Procurement --> Define Procurement Indicators for material Comoponents. --> Create New Entry

Here you have three option.

1. Preq Network

2. 3rd party

3. Prelim Reqmts

Stock Type L

you can defualt this indicator in your network profile. so that system will not prompt you for options.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback provided. Actually we are using this feature by doubt was the options you have switched on

On that you have switched on Preq Network & Prelim Reqmts for Stock Type L?? is this the default setting you are using??

by using this u could get materials into project stocks & issue later??

Did you check full cycle up to settlement to AUC??

Thanks & regards,

Sam L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Below mentioned are my settings.

Indicator:PEV

Stock Type: L

Only Prelim Reqmts is checked.

This indicator is defaulted in Network Profile

Ours is customer Project, so no AUC

Im able to get project stock, then later issue it for consumption.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much

Regards,

Sam L

Former Member
0 Kudos

check for palnning indicator in Order type. This should help you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your query is not clear enough to answer..

What is the tedious part??????, is it god issuance against each reservation?? if it is, u can make procurements against activity, so that it is consumed upon GR, no reservation & issuance required.

Hope this would help.

Regards,

Sam L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

Thanks for your respone.

I dont want to consume material against project on GR, becoz if GR is done today, Actual total consumption for material might happen after 2 months. My result analysis : actuals will show as of today 100% actuals for that material.

My query is:

When i do GR for material for a Lower level WBS/activity, Stock will be against Superior WBS because of Automatic Material Grouping. Now when i issue the material using 221 Q or 281 Q, stock is consumed and actuals is derived. But Reservation for that material is still visible in MMBE. when will this reservation go off from system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

once you GR, materials will be shown as project stocks to that particular WBS on MMBE report.

make the reservation(reservation for WBS) attached to activity assined to that WBS element(now reservation is counted on MMBE) & issue from 281Q refering that resevation num(now reservation is deducted in MMBE)

issued resevation count is deducted on MMBE report if you issue aginst those reservation.

Reg,

Sam L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

Im little not clear on below mentioned

"make the reservation(reservation for WBS) attached to activity assined to that WBS element(now reservation is counted on MMBE) & issue from 281Q refering that resevation num(now reservation is deducted in MMBE)"

sytem by default creates reservation againt network activity itself. now when i issue material using 281Q against this reservation, reservation is stil visible in MMBE.

Thanks

l

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

That's another option if did not create reservation @ the point of PR, I have mentioned here, its ok if u care both(res+PR) in same time, but I have tested it for the option I have told, its getting deducted from the reservation count on MMBE once its issued to that particular reservation. hope way you issue also should behave in same manner.

Reg,

Sam L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

Thank for that info.

As you mentioned how to stop reservation being created automatically.

In my case system is creating reservation automatically. We donot have MRP, PRs are created automatically.

Please share wht to be done to stop reservation to be created automatically.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knoledge you cant create only PR(to be consumed upon GI) through Project. you can procure non stoks but those would cosume upon GR, where it is not applicablr to your process.

You can create only PR through ME51N having Acc. Assingment Q , given required WBS. so that goods would come to project stock upon GR & GI needs to done for reservation referring that same WBS & then consume.

Regards,

Sam L.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are using Valuated project Stock the value (actual cost) which you are seeing on the grouping level WBSE is a statistical posting.

The actual cost will be loaded to WBSE during consumption (Goods Issue).

If you need to load the consumption cost to the lower level WBSE then you need to post Good Issue against that WBSE .

Tnx.

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

I completely agree with you.

But when i issue the material it to lower level WBS/Activity it derives me actual cost. Even though stock is not there , But in MMBE stock report ,Reservation for that material n quantity is still visible. when will this reservation go?

is there anything else we need to do remove this reservation for this material.

Thanks.