cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Message display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created 5 views and 1 window in my Webdynpro component.

View Names:

zView1

zview2

zview3

zview4

zMainview

Window Name:

zmainwindow

In zmainview i have created 4 viewcontainerUI elements to embed the others views.

In ZmainWindow i have embedded the zmainview and inside the 4 viewcontainersUI elements i have embedded the 4 views.

All the 4 views contain messagearea ui elements, so that messages for the corresponding view can be displayed.

All the 4 views will be visible inside the zmainview. My requirement is if any error message is returned from Function Modules i need to display messages in the corresponing view message area UI element.

So when reporting error message i am using the view name where the message need to be displayed.

Eg Code:

CALL METHOD wd_this->lo_message_manager->report_error_message
          EXPORTING
            message_text = 'Constant data not maintained'
            view         = 'ZVIEW1'.

I am mentioning the view name in the report_error_message method so that message will be displayed in the corresponing view message area, but the same message is displayed in all the embedded views messagearea.

zMainView layout:

Eligibility(Header)

ViewContinainerUI1(embedded zview1 in the viewcontainer ui element)

Enrollment(Header)

ViewContinainerUI2(embedded zview2 in the viewcontainer ui element)

Education Details(Header)

ViewContinainerUI3(embedded zview3 in the viewcontainer ui element)

Job Description(Header)

ViewContinainerUI4(embedded zview4 in the viewcontainer ui element)

Help me how to restrict the message from getting displayed in other views.

Regards,

Bala Baskaran.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>All the 4 views contain messagearea ui elements, so that messages for the corresponding view can be displayed.

This is not a correct approach. You should only have one Message Area per Window (even if there are multiple inner views or components).

From the online help:

With components that you want to use in several applications you should never use the MessageArea UI element, since each window is allowed to contain only one visible MessageArea at the most.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/b37974eb5c6200e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

I created MessageArea UI element in all the 4 views because the requirment was to display the Function Module return message

below the Page Header of every view. I even tried without creating message area Ui element in the 4 views. By default the messages

were getting diplayed on top.

Thank You very much for you clarification.

Regards,

Bala Baskaran.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi were you able to solve this issue??

I am facing the same problem