cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to migrate track from one server to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to migrate NWDI from one server to another. For this we have created new tracks in the new server and created all the products and their dependent SCs. Now we want all the data which are present in the DTR of previous server in the new server. I had import all the contents of the track from DTR of previous server to NWDS and deploy it to the new server with the help of SDM. The deployment was successful but then also i could not see the content in the DTR of new server. Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

". Option 2 can only give the latest version history of SC which we do not want."

Let's rule out then this option, we still have the first (system copy) and the last (dtr replication).

If you have just few tracks I'd recommend replication. If you have too many tracks and it'd be too much effort and time consuming, then I am afraid the only option left is the system copy.

Regarding the usage of the DTR console:

You find it in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/com.sap.dtr.console

Start it with the run.bat (on unix, replace the ";" by a ":' inside the run.bat script, else it cannot be executed on unix).

Then simply use help command to see the usage. For the commands of the replication see my other thread where I have referred a link from help.sap.com.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

None of the approach were suitable for our scenario as i mentioned above so we drop the idea of going ahead with migration to new track, instead we have upgraded our old track.

Thanks and Regards,

Vivek Saraogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I already tried these options. I cant use the first option because syatem copy can be done only if the target system is new but in my case the target system already exists. Option 2 can only give the latest version history of SC which we do not want. For the third option we have created a new track in new server and given the path of the DTR which is in old server. When i opened the old DTR i could see the folder for new track and all the corresponding subfolders like dev active,inactive, cons active inactve etc. But there was no data in that folder. I do not know how to use DTR console.

If this would have worked also then also i did not get what i wanted. My requirement is that i want all the data which are in DTR of old server to the DTR of new server. Please let me know what else can be done.

Regards,

Vivek

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

have a look at this forum thread:

Regards,

Ervin